Who the *$&% Is Cristian Mihai?

I know a lot of you have already read my about page. Some of you may want to know more. Some of you don’t even think I exist. Conspiracy theories abound as to who I am and whether or not I want to take over the world. Or just the Internet. The thing is, I’m pretty real. Also, my about page is 100% accurate.

But for anyone who’s curious to find out more, here are ten random facts about Cristian Mihai.

1. Cristian Mihai’s first story was a SF novel titled The Future. It was about good robots and bad robots and a military base on the moon. The first short story someone else read was a short story about a man taking a shower. At the age of 14 he uploaded it on a forum. It was, of course, rubbish. A commenter said Cristian Mihai was a retard. A flame war ensued. Fortunately, no one was banned from the forum.

2. Cristian Mihai has two tattoos. One of them is a quote from Frank Herbert’s Dune, “Fear is the mind killer.” The other one is “Carpe Diem.” He plans on adding more to the collection.

3. He doesn’t like fish. He’s also afraid of dogs.. especially stray dogs (they run in very organized packs in Romania.)

4. He wants to travel the world and see everything that’s worth seeing. Also, he’d like to live in the US or something.

5.  He doesn’t enjoy long walks on the beach. He likes to walk though. A lot. Just not on the beach.

6. He lives by himself.

7. He doesn’t know how to drive a car. It seems complicated.

8. He’s got an IQ of 137. He also forgets stuff.

9. In his free time he likes to read, watch movies and TV shows, and talk politics and sports.

10. He doesn’t sleep. He doesn’t eat. He doesn’t have to breathe, but he does it anyway just because it helps him keep track of time. He can’t fly though, but he’s working on it with superheroes from around the world.

Is there anything else you want to know about Cristian Mihai?

203 comments on “Who the *$&% Is Cristian Mihai?

1. I know another random thing about Cristian: he's Romanian like myself. if you come to the States, you have to visit Arizona where I live. But don't come during summer if you don't want to burst into flames, that is.

2. intheAMDay says:

Tattoos…love it. They're addictive! Thanks for peeling back some layers of Cristian Mihai.

3. camparigirl says:

On line communities are sometimes obsessed with needing to know more about the people behind the posts. But there is such a thing as privacy and I think it's important to respect how much, or how little, a writer wants to put out there. But what's up with the beach?!

4. John says:

Is that you in the avatar?

5. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the prize money?

6. I love your travel plans… To come to the US "or something". Hilarious!

7. brandolina says:

So… do you like techno/house music??? If so, would you like to do an interview regarding this topic for our site? We're starting a new section interviewing creative types on this specific genre of music.

8. nice & calm says:

why does he speak at the third person :)?

9. angelinemalik says:

What does 'Carpe Diem' means? Btw loved your take on the 'who you are?' question. :D

10. mambolounge says:

Cristian Mihai likes to refer to himself in the third person because it makes him feel less lonely.

11. disperser says:

Does he drink? Does he smoke? How does this Mihai character feel about panini? How about Nutella on egg bread?

Has he watched FireFly? (careful with that one . . . it's a loaded question)

Finally, and this is a point of information only . . . difficult to live in the US and not know how to drive a car. Not impossible, just difficult. It limits the available choices to cesspools known as "cities". "Cities" are congregation of large number of humans, most of which also mistrust people with IQs above sub-average (typically in the low 100's).

12. Dip It Black says:

Hahaha! Glad you choose to breath ;).

And that quote of Frank Herbert is so true!

Keep up the good writing Christian!

X

13. I want to know Cristian's favorite color and book.

14. I have a question. How does he look like now? The attached picture seems to be from the past .

15. marvinallanwilliams says:

I have to admit Cristian I was one of those who had doubts about your existence mainly because you don't write with a Romanian accent, but after reading this post I am now convinced you are who you say you are. Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your posts.

16. Do you have parents? (I'm thinking/hoping there was someone around caring for you in that solitary childhood of yours?) How about siblings? Does anyone else in your family also write? (Sorry, it's the counselor coming out in me but you did offer to answer further questions!)

Thank you for challenging the rest of us to think with those thoughtful questions of yours! ( :

17. Cristian,

Driving's not that complicated. For me, I love it! During these fifty years I've built many a hot rod automobile and trucks. Have participated in truck mud hop events. You tube.com that one. For some reason I think a walk on the beach may be a little more entertaining in the US than your home area. I hope you do well with your latest book and do know I enjoy your blog!

Larry

18. Carson Craig says:

Enjoyed the post. Don't give up on the flying; at the very least, you can learn to leap tall buildings at a single bound.

19. luggagelady says:

Dearest Cristian, I would love to know not only how someone becomes so incredibly wise at such a young age, but also how you manage to paint such eloquent observations in a language that is not even your first. It is a privilege to read your words each day. You are a truly inspiring individual! Come to the U.S. soon… xoxo

• Being wise or a good writer is subjective. To some, I'm not so good. It's a tough question, this one. I don't consider myself wise or talented or anything of the sorts. I just write. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's the most important thing. I write posts for this blog (which gets updated quite often now) and also work on my fiction writing. And I read a lot.

• luggagelady says:

True, everything in life is screened through the eyes of the beholder, but I'm sticking with my assessment. And I'm quite confident your vast fan base here would agree: YOU ROCK MY FRIEND!!!

20. How are old were you when you learned to read and write English?

• I learned English from watching Cartoon Network, so I must have been around 5 or something like that. I was 7 when I learned to write. If I come to think about it, it was almost a simultaneous process. I was learning to write in Romanian and English at the same time basically.

But I only began writing fiction in English two years ago. In November 2010, to be exact.

21. TalkingLanguages says:

Great post :) We share the fear of stray dogs, they are quite organized in Bosnia as well!

22. I don't sleep either, except when I don't want to. :-)

23. jeanie says:

You make me laugh!!!!

24. cerydwen says:

Nice to meet you :-)

Are you still wearing glasses?

And, english is not your native language,is it?

• No. I stopped wearing glasses a few years back.

And no, English is not my native language.

• cerydwen says:

I wish I could write in English like you. I fell in love with this language when I was young but my studies in Latin and Greek turned my brain into a translation machine…meaning I understand a few languages but can't talk and certainly not write them. I guess I have to work harder. But you, don't change a thing the right word at the right place. It' poetry hidden into prose. I' ll continue to read you and maybe I 'll learn :-)

Good night Cristian mihai.

25. Cristian,

Have you written about the stray dogs in Romania?

26. Nice one! I'm having a good laugh! :)

27. Very funny post. I highly recommend living in the U.S., learning to drive, and eating . . . lots and lots of eating!

I've really enjoyed visiting your blog. It's always full of valuable and encouraging information.

28. Fay Kesby says:

Do you like broccoli? And do you think you're likely to turn into a dictator? (I'm working on a theory regarding the connection of those too questions – but shush, top secret.)

29. Cappelli says:

Walking on the beach is overrated anyway. Walking on sunshine is where it's at.

30. tchistorygal says:

I've loved your blog since the first day I read it, but this is the best post. Nice to get to know you. You do an amazing job of communicating no matter what the language. Let us know when you come to California, or something.

31. Christian, you have a surprisingly wonderful sense of humor. I really enjoyed this post and it made me laugh out loud several times. I think you would do well to write a satirical short story. I have read a few in my time.You are very good at it.

32. Mirror MUSES says:

Who do you most relate to in Gatsby? Hmmmmm….answer carefully. Your response will be telling.

33. I think I ADORE Cristian Mihai. Simply adore.

34. Piscis says:

You don't like fish? *hides quietly* (>^-')>

35. Barb says:

You are so funny. :) :) :) :)

36. Drunken Gay Slut says:

Have you seen Finding Nemo??? I feel like it will cure your dislike of fish

37. Chris says:

Hey Man…if you come to the states…take Camelia's advice above, don't do Arizona in the summer!

38. jclfaltot says:

Very clever. I'm assuming you are a fan of the Dune series if you went ahead and got a tattoo…. That was the first science fiction book I ever read.

39. Rejoycin says:

Ok– the "forget things" part. Why is that you think? My observation is that that IQ and forgetfulness goes in common.

40. woo got 137 IQ'l~ smart

41. Carpe Diem is a personal mantra of mine. Not so far from Joseph Campbell's – "Follow your bliss." This weekend I am attending a two day writer's workshop in Minnesota taught by Dennis Patrick Slattery of the Mythological Studies Department at Pacifica Institute in Santa Barbara, Ca., the graduate program honoring Joseph Campbell. Professor Slattery will be exploring the theme of incorporating myth into one's writing. The essence of your existence, Christian, and the themes and questions you address, the hints and nuances you expound upon and the qualities you espouse, are fine examples of writing your myth. Thank you – Diane

42. i think you're kewl… and i loved this "Also, he’d like to live in the US or something." Or something.

people are impressed that English is not your native language; i tend to think that eloquence is multilingual, all we need is the passion to write and to write what we mean and the words figure it out for us. nice post! :)

43. Jae says:

That's just the best way to conclude it, Cristian!

44. zezil says:

Christian, do you have a nickname?

Also, what do you think about the book Frankenstein? Thanks. :)

45. Payal says:

Ya! One thing I would like to know, why don't you write about love.. .?

And if you do, where do I find to read that..?

46. Momai (^_^) says:

HI Cristian! :)) How young are you? I think you are not acting like your age.

47. Zenith says:

Is your profile picture of you as a kid?

48. I agree.

It is hard to drive, when the mind is thinking in stories.

It is hard to remember to do mundane things like sleeping, eating, and breathing, when thought is who you are.

Not to worry. I majored in Philosophy and graduated in the top 10 percent of my college class. But, I lose my glasses on top of my head, forget to eat, forget to sleep, and regularly forget what day it is. Have you ever noticed that, when you don't sleep, one day is in fact the next?

Fall into the thought and time is not.

I fall into your writing, Cristian. It's excellent.

49. He sounds pretty interesting, all right. Must work on the fish/beach thing, though….thinks the Cally gal, somewhat mystified…:)

50. tonettejoyce says:

If you don;'t need a car where you live, count your blessings.I am sure Romania has decent public transportation, as does most of Europe,unlike most of the U.S. I don't know what to ask, except that I had asked you where you lived now, because your English is better than many Americans and I thought you had moved elsewhere.I congratulate you.

Let us hear more about Romania, really.It is interesting.Most people don't realize that you have a Romance language, unlike the rest of eastern Europe…and if anyone knows a little about Romania, the supernatural questions usually come out…vampires, werewolves,(like are you sure about the dogs? No,I am sorry); the Romanians I have encountered so far have been very bright people…I'm sure you know some fools, though.

• MarinaSofia says:

The bright Romanian people write (in the third person, after refusing to walk on the beach), while the fools rule the country.

Sorry, political outburst over! Love your writing, Cristi!

51. Great Post Christian. Your style and narration are amusing and enlightening in them self as to who you are. Entertainer … you forgot to add. LA

52. dawn says:

no sleep and no food? how can u survive? beside sleep is a good thing, cos there are lots of interesting in the dream during sleep.

53. warmginger says:

I think some of the foxy young ladies who follow you are afraid to ask, but I'm a soppy married old lady so…are you in love with anyone?

54. Yoshiko says:

It is nice to get to know you. :-)

55. No. Yes. What's panini? Nutella's fine. No.

• Try Daytona, Fl right before tourist season. That is if you crave a more laid back vacation. Edgewater, Fl has the greatest restaurant! "Maine Street Grille" They have the most delicious Cinnamon buns they serve with your salad. Quite yummy actually. It's also a great place to connect with all sorts of 'characters' from the U.S.A.

56. thejayhub says:

Cant laugh enough. Nice meeting this you.

57. Yes. I'm pretty sure I'll never become a dictator. Also, it's not on my to-do list.

58. I'll have to go on a sort of worldwide tour and visit each and every one of you. That would me fun. We could organize meetups in all the major cities and stuff.

59. I think Jonathan Fisher has his moments.

60. Gatsby? Personally, I don't like Nick too much. He's not as impartial as he'd like to be, and he's also not as interesting as a character.

But Gatsby is a great character. Just analyzing what makes him so great is great. I think that Fitzgerald stumbled upon a very powerful character type with Gatsby. A man who wants to acquire great wealth in order to get back the woman he loves. Of course, that's not all that Gatsby's about.

61. vanbraman says:

Everything you wanted to know about Christian, but were afraid to ask.

62. I don't know. I don't forget things that often. In fact, I tend to remember all the little and stupid details everyone else forgets. Some of the more important things… that's what I forget.

• Rejoycin says:

Maybe it is the depth thing again—not hanging out on the same plane as others and observing and remembering things others do not and also, consequently, overlooking observations (perhaps the common) that others do also. Your special : ) Ah- I got to sleep! Blessings to you.

63. Barbara says:

You do not drive? Does that make it impossible…or even difficult to live in the US. Not at all. No need. Simple. Just plan on coming to the greatest city in the world. The pulse of our universe, from whence all else emanates. New York City. You will love it…and they will love you! :) xo barbara

• johnnybios says:

Errr i'm new to this whole blogging business, so i can't tell when people are being serious or being sarcastic. I'm also unsure of etiquette in certain circumstances, such as when a parochial attitude is raised contrary to universal law and global opinion. So I'd better not say anything except 'Pants to that yank'. Will I get banned from blogs for that? Or will a Drone b0mb my house?

64. Do you have a paid-for job? If so, what is it? If not, how do you live?

65. The Great Gatsby? WHY???

66. A modest secure version of thyself? I love your writings =) Happy writing!

67. nice & calm says:

I was just trying to ask a fun question too :)

68. I think I want to join your fan club ( see all the responses before this one)! I'm like warmginger, a soppy old married lady ( I'm old enough to be your grandmother)but I think you're terrific! I so enjoy your posts.

69. omrum says:

Thank you for telling more about yourself. I'm so very happy to know such a wonderful young man with a deep insight and insatiable thirst to share what he sees with us, adding a dimension to our way of looking :)

70. Daria Nadasan says:

zburatorule :)

71. Amusing 'portrait' of yourself – just wondering, though, if the facial hair is a sort of mask to hide behind ?

72. hi, i have 3 questions for you:

how do you feel about insects?

and fairytales?

do you write letters?

73. 1of10boyz says:

I enjoy your thoughts, they cause me to think differently about many subjects. I now work with a half dozen Romanians here in China and find them facinating.

I would highly recommend at least an extended visit to the US. You can't see it without being able to drive so you have to learn, it is well worth it. There really is nothing like getting on the Interstates of the US and driving for hours. You will see things in America that just aren't in any of the pictures you have seen before.

It is also very nice to be in control of when you stop and when you go; when you turn left, or right, or just go straight. Sometimes I still just get in the car and drive without even having a destination in mind. Since it doesn't matter where I am going I get to see a lot that I might have otherwise missed. Guess that is a lot like writing, sometimes we end up somewhere we never intended, but are happy that we got there.

74. ~S says:

wow! the comments are as interesting as this post.

75. wildkey669 says:

I LOVE DUNE. The fact that you have that tattooed on you is fantastic. :)

76. AsheX says:

You are scared of stray dogs..you should come to India :D

77. Ace Arcanum says:

You remind me of myself. You're just older than me, though.

78. But does he swing from trees and stuff like that? WHile writing or anything?

Brill post by the way

79. jlee5879 says:

When I read a new blog the first thing I do – after reading the post that attracted me to the blog – is to read the 'About Me' page. People are always curious about us as writers…I think the element of anonymity is very intriguing.

And I, too, hate fish. I just wrote about that recently. Yuk!

Great post:)

80. ibnuhabibi says:

If you really like to travel across this world for worth it to see, you could try reach Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The best city in this world. Perhaps.

81. robinbeverly says:

lol

82. robinbeverly says:

Good enough reason for me.

83. robinbeverly says:

I'm pretty sure the breathing thing is mandatory. Might I suggest that you continue to do it for a long time? I really enjoy your posts

84. jkvegh says:

Wow, have you ever walked on the beach before? It is a great experience! Check out Southern California sometime.

85. Sashi says:

That's an awesome post! You should come to Chicago, where I live if you're gonna travel to the U.S., one day. It's a beautiful city, and very lively. I would love to travel one day, as well.

86. No questions. Only happiness. Thanks for another great post.

87. rinceagusgra says:

I really like your writing style. It's so unforced and natural yet still slightly witty. It's pleasant (and entertaining) to read. Also, good luck with flying. When we were young, my sister and I jumped off the stairs holding umbrellas… it prolonged the fall a bit. Now we just need to learn how to not land.

88. Well in case you didn't know you have started a movement, a writing challenge…. I didn't bother to read all the comments.. there are just too many of them and I am busy. I think you are going to be famous in certain circles.

89. simplysands says:

It's great to know more about you. I'm impressed you are very young, yet very savvy, talented indeed. I love your photo as a kid. I would like to see a recent photo of you, guessing everyone else too.

90. EmmieElle says:

I'm not sure that I would say NO other book matters…but Gatsby is quite a significant character. He's definitely one of my favorites.

91. josh says:

As a city-dweller for many years (though not originally, so I've experienced both sides of the coin) I think you're grossly mischaracterizing cities. I have a super-average IQ, and people like myself thrive in cities. Also, I can drive but have never owned a car.

But Nutella is awesome.

92. josh says:

There have been times in my life, when irrational fear was threatening to overwhelm me, that I'd repeat that mantra from "Dune" to myself, again and again. "I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer…."

I don't like fish either. Well, I have nothing against them, really, I just don't want to eat them.

93. Hip Kitty says:

My favorite book as well. I am obsessed with Scott Fitzgerald. I was his mistress in a former life. I think. I hope.

94. Well, I'd like to travel. Actually, I'd like to spend one month in every major city on this planet. After all, I only need a laptop and an internet connection to do my thing. Other than that…

If you would have asked me this question two years ago I would have said that I'd buy a hotel, a restaurant, a club, some expensive cars, and a villa overlooking the lake, here in Constanta.

Now I just want to write.

• i'm glad you said travel. that's something i want to do: see the world, explore all sorts of famous sites, and wrap it up with spending some time with hindu and buddhist monks who'll blow my mind while opening it up to knew knowledges and truths.

95. Hmm… never tried writing while swinging from trees. Might give it a go. And I also hunt pigeons with a bow and arrow. But I do that only on weekends.

96. I wrote a blog post about it. I saw your comment, and it got me writing a reply. Then I realized it was too long and it would probably bore you to death, so I turned it into a post.

97. I make myself laugh too. Sometimes. Not as often as I'd like.

98. But you're like a… special fish. A super fish.

99. I've been meaning to write a long, long post (with a lot of pictures) about Constanta, but I never seem to get the time to go around town and take some photos.

100. I believe. When I was a kid I used to be quite the religious boy. Now I think God is more modern than we'd like to think. I think religion is about faith, not ceremonies and rituals.

101. I didn't know I had a fan club. But if it does exist, thank you for joining.

102. Incerc deocamdata. Sunt la stadiul ala… cand sar si cad, sar si cad. Dar perseverez.

103. I like to watch insects on National Geographic. Other than that…

Fairytales… they're true. Happened a long, long time ago, when the world believed in magic and rules could be easily broken.

Letters? I don't think I ever wrote an actual letter. But when I get the chance I do write long e-mails and pretend they're letters.

104. What made you decide to use a picture of your younger self as your profile picture? And why did you pick that one in particular?

105. Abrielle Valencia says:

@Barbara,

There is NO city like it in the U.S.!! I love New York. I can't get enough of it. LOL

106. My Unreachable Thoug says:

What is your favorite young adult novel?

107. Hi. I've been following your blog. I can't even imagine how you have the time to post as often as you do and still write your other stuff. Wow!!

108. sandistaton says:

You are one cool kid! I've adopted you as my grandchild! Love your style. WOW!

109. ktdp says:

Come to canadia. It's not as generic as the u.s. nor as rediculous as Europe!

110. Payal says:

Thanks. I would love to read them all..

111. franny glass says:

how long does it take you to write a blog post?

112. No walks on the beach? Is it the sand? :0)

113. ~S says:

lol, funny fish!! i mean fish with a sense of humor! :D

114. I saw that. Thanks! I will probably have to go back and reread it. It's been a while. I remember having a hard time relating to any of the characters. For me, Fitzgerald did not accomplish what Vonnegut said he should: giving me, the reader, someone to root for. But, then again, it's been too long.

115. Well said. I agree. Having been raised Christian and now having lived in places where less than 2 percent of the population believe in Christ, I have come to see that religion is almost entirely cultural. To me, God (whoever He is) must be outside of religion. Salvation (or whatever) must be about something else.

116. so is it safe to presume that you havent visited a post office in a while?

117. I especially love the "working on it with superhero's" in reference to flying!!!

118. Love it :) That post made me grin like a lunatic. Good work sir.

119. P.S. Which superheroes?? Ignore Superman, he uses strings, he told me so when drunk.

120. I kind of suspected Cristian was Romanian. My question was the first one to be asked :)

121. I had this question, too. I'm not terribly original, I guess.

122. What languages do you know besides Romanian and English?

123. Salman Rushdie wrote his autobiography "Joseph Anton" in the third person too. I found that a bit strange. How did you like writing in post by referring to Cristian Mihai as "he"?

124. Steven Mak says:

Do you listen to Mihai Trăistariu? I think I'm the only Malaysian who does :D

125. so true “Fear is the mind killer”

126. Cynthia says:

So he is a human, i see, and I love him for being himself, if it seems exaggerated, I love the way he writes.

127. Sarin says:

Hilarious!

So why doesn't Cristian upload a gravatar profile with a picture of how he looks now? Why the childhood picture?

128. GalOnTrip says:

Nice to meet you…..

129. Zora says:

Come to NYC! You don't have to drive (expansive mass transit), we love Nutella (on practically anything), we're miles away from those pesky beaches, and no one here will take too much notice that you speak of yourself in the third person — or even if you simply speak to yourself! Zee

130. Wow.. :) Now, I think I have to give credit to Cartoon Network. It somehow helped me improve my English too. :)

You write well, Sir. Kudos to your compositions!

131. I would not say that not being able to drive limits you that much. There are other means of transportation like taxis, buses, trains, metro-links, planes, bicycles or even horses. So there is no need to worry that much about driving or not being able to drive.

132. akonstantinidou says:

You must then. It will help you tame the fear.

133. BrandysBrain says:

Brandy is striving to understand why it is that this Romanian man prefers to write his thoughts in third person…can Cristian Mihai answer that question for her?

134. SoSaysSunny says:

Love the post … lots of fun.

If you come to America, I volunteer to be your chauffeur / traveling companion. We'll just drive 'til we get tired and then find a place to stay — no reservations, no schedule, complete freedom.

First up: 5,000 miles, visiting most of the major sights around the southwest (I've done this one before, see road trip map at http://sosayssunny.wordpress.com/travels/ ).

Next, we'll take a relaxing break in the southern foothills of the Appalachian mountains (Alabama / Georgia / Tennessee). And keep on traveling, alternating active and relaxed trips.

And regarding your attempts at flying: Remember that baby birds can't fly at first, either. They have to keep flapping their little, scrawny wings until the muscles develop enabling them to fly. So just keep flapping; it'll happen someday!

135. 37 year old says:

I think you should reconsider the driving thing. I think you might like it.

;-)

136. Kate says:

You have a wonderful voice. Can't wait to read one of your books. Hey, I won't wait.

137. Chris Kuhn says:

YOU are a trip. More, more, I want to read more. ;-)

138. rMU says:

Wow! I am planning to get a 'Carpe diem' tattoo as well, very soon. You having it allows you to feature in my good books.

Btw, I saw someone in a train in India reading your book Jazz. You are making massive inroads, my friend!

So, do you go out dancing anytime? (I am not asking you on a date, I just wanted to ask a question and see if I you are awesome or very awesome.)

139. stella22 says:

No.7-ha ha! I thought I was the only one! And this is after having done a driving test, gotten a bona fide driving licence and doing a refresher course. It's like my brain shuts down when my foot touches the pedals :P

140. jubilare says:

poor fish…

141. Too funny. I did a random fact on my facebook sometime back with friends. Randomology rocks. One of my favorite all time quotes is that Frank Herbert, Fear is the mind killer. I only ever found about his writing from my older brother in which I read several of his books. Thank you for following. Will read one of your short stories. :-)

142. Hi there fellow super hero! I’m working on the flying, too. Tell me when you already soared :) Stick around, Hannah

143. lynnsbooks says:

Walking on the beach is greatly overrated. It would be okay if there was no sand – but then I guess you wouldn’t be on a beach!
    Lynn :D

• I know walking on the beach isn’t for everyone, but I certainly love it! Ever since I was a kiddo, I loved the feel of my feet on the sand. Combine that with the calming sound of the surf and watching birds and surfers. It’s bliss in my opinion. Celeste:)

• lynnsbooks says:

I love the sea and the sound of the waves but I hate having sand on my feet – particularly between my toes – especially when I come to put my shoes back on!
        Lynn :D

144. a.h.richards says:

“The first short story someone else read was a short story about a man taking a shower. At the age of 14 he uploaded it on a forum. It was, of course, rubbish. A commenter said Cristian Mihai was a retard.”

I laughed out loud at that. Am still laughing as I type this. So short and pithy. Hilarious. And, by sheer coincidence, your writing about breathing to keep track of time is something I have been writing about recently. I will clean it up and blog it soon. :)

You have a great sense of humour.
    By the way, some parents of a boy I once knew were so proud when their school told them that their boy had an I.Q. of 99. They thought it was out of 100. (Ran in their family I guess.)

145. omoleye90 says:

don’t know why, but always imagined you where female.. maybe its the touch you have to your stories, or the reflection of your emotions in them… anyways this post was an eye opener.

146. Lol, I love these facts. Made me smile! :)

147. shuchitagoel says:

Jesus. You certainly do have your fan club right here. Also… You can’t fly?! Oh, superheroes are overrated. I mean I ADORE the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Iron Man <3) but they'll charge too much and tell you to use expensive equipment. Come to New Delhi, I'll give you lessons. Rupees 750 an hour (do go convert), any Saturday morning, bring cash.

148. frankwmcarr says:

Hi I’m Frank from Pennsylvania, in the USA. I’m 25 (just a little older than you!), have a high IQ (and will occasionally forget things, though hold on to other things tightly), like to travel, and loves to walk (I actually like walking on the beach, though, just like anything else). My blog is neither fiction nor non-fiction, but about how my life is going as a 20-something. And yes, I’m usually terrified of dogs.

And at any cost, you are welcome to my country anytime, especially because we have some things in common. Cheers!

149. prospermind says:

You’re hilarious, this post made me chuckle. I enjoy your humoristic style of writing very much.
    You must be a funny guy in real life as well. ;o)
    Keep it up.

Have a good one!

150. misstrie says:

Hello there, Cristian Mihai! Or, should I say, “Ceau!”

You see, I always get some kind of adrenaline rush whenever I run in to a fellow Romanian. :D Imagine my excitement, then, when I came across your name, “Mihai,” while searching for new blogs to explore! CLICK, CLICK, CLIIIIIICCCKKKK. I mean, “Romanian” crossed my mind but I didn’t expect to be right! So in that sense, I’m super excited to meet you! (As well as all the other Romanians who have posted below! :) Whoo!) Ceau!

Moving on! I actually would (hate that I can’t use italics or bold in comments) like to know a little more about you now. Your English is amazing, and I was wondering where you learned to write (and speak, as I’m assuming you do also) the language so well? Because I visit family and friends every other summer (in Oradea, in case you were wondering) and keep in touch regularly (I live in the states), but I’ve only ever met one fellow Romanian who speaks (writes, in your case) English as awesomely as you do–and he took extra classes and even taught himself some, if I’m remembering correctly.

I’d also like to touch base on what you said about stray dogs and fish real quick! Strays: I totally get where you’re coming from! Whenever I see them strolling down the dirt roads in Romania, I don’t know whether I should turn back or pick up the pace. It’s hard to know when the dogs will give you trouble or just quietly walk on by (not that any dogs have ever given me trouble before though–they’re all pretty friendly in my neck of the woods). Fish: But Romania’s in the shape of a fish! (Kind of!) Did you ever notice? :D (Well, of course you did, probably. I recently realized it just a few years ago, since I was born in the U.S. and therefore never spent much time examining Romania on the map. I was so excited when I noticed the resemblance and rushed to tell my mom, who rewarded me with a “bună dimineaţa.” -_- )

Lastly, out of curiosity, do you happen to have a nickname? (“Cristi,” maybe? Just because I have a friend back in Romania with that nickname, and I believe it’s a fairly common nickname, right?… I could be way off though, haha.)

And that’s about all I have to say for now then! :D Hm… sufficiently lengthy comment, huh? Sorry about that! (Not really. :P) Any-who, talk to you later, Cristian!

P.S. Congratulations on the published works!

151. misstrie says:

P.S.S. In addition to the inability to use italics and bold in comments, I hate how I can’t edit them. -_-

So just let it be known that instead of the “below!” in (As well as all the other Romanians who have posted below!), make it “above!” :P Also, I just noticed that this post really IS pretty old–2012–so scratch the “kind of” in (So I know this is kind of an older post of yours, but I wasn’t sure where else to make your acquaintance so here I go!).

I’m such a perfectionist. :D

152. livingintheheartland says:

I am interested in Romania. Although I am a world traveler I have never been there; however, some of my father’s family came from there. Here’s a challenge. Take us on a ten tour of your Romania.

153. Luna Cooler says:

I’m afraid of dogs too. Haha!