A Random Sunday Morning Post

First, here’s a picture of me:

Yeah, that’s me now. More or less. I think this photo is 4-5 years old. But anyway, it’s more recent than the one before. And I was wearing cooler glasses.

In other news, I’m working on a new blog series for the next week. It’s about blogging and some of the tools I use, like Zemanta, Wordads, etc. I think it’s gonna be fun.

Now, for a question. If I were to compile my most popular essays on writing and art into an e-book, edit them, format them, add a nice cover, would anyone be interested in reading it? (the e-book that is.)

97 comments on “A Random Sunday Morning Post

1. I would! And thanks for the updated picture. :)

2. polonameglic says:

Most definitely. Yes.

3. tinker3333 says:

Looking good. Yes, of course I would be interested in reading that!

4. wordsaver says:

You're nice, but I have no any credit card

5. moxyjen says:

I've only read some of your blog posts here and there. Could you give us some samples of some of your top choices for content? That would help people know if they were interested.

6. Fun to see a more up to date photo of you:-) In answer to your question, yes, I would.

7. WoundedKnee says:

Christain…I am ' Old School ', I just do not believe books were ment for this.

If it were ' Hard or Sofrt Cover ' I'm sure I would. Again there are others who

would rather read a book in this style.

8. I would be interested in reading it.

9. Aman says:

I would be most interested!

10. musikwala says:

Hey nice to see your picture. :)

11. kanundra says:

I'd be interested. :)

12. Sunita Menon says:

Yup, I'll be interested in reading.

13. Miczkus says:

Well, I'd read if I have any ebook reader ;)

But I'm waiting for new blog series anyway, it's going to be pretty useful for me ;)

14. norwegianmen says:

The question of "is anybody going to be interested in reading this?" is the torment of any writer, I think this is a tricky question and (excuse my favorite word) "bullshit" question…because one must write what you feel you want to write and you know about…I would say: Do it! and you'll see who reads you…;)

15. yes, except for those of us jealous of all your followers and the number of comments and likes you get

16. meholysmile says:

Yes, definitely yes!

17. TerryRose says:

Reblogged this on Are you ready ? and commented:
    Hi Christian, you're so handsome. God works really very beautiful and perfect. Cheer up you are always successful and continue to work, God bless you.

18. enjoyed reading this. and i think you're handsome,by the way. (;

19. elskenewman says:

I would, do it, do it, do it :-)

20. 14mayvenus says:

majestic and straightforward!

21. Annie Chace says:

22. MishaBurnett says:

Absolutely. You have a lucid and entertaining style, and I appreciate your insights into the craft of writing. Also, and don't take this the wrong way, dude, you're hot. Put your picture on the cover, it'll help sales.

23. cerydwen says:

Yes I would as well!

24. maryalive says:

Nice to put a face with the blog :-) I think it's definitely worth putting out there, and look forward to reading next week!

25. That's a great picture… You'd be a hottie if you weren't so much younger than me ;)

For me, it would depend on the topics of the essay's. Some things keep my attention more than others and with a compilation of essay's it is a bit more difficult to target a specific reader group unless the essays are themed in some way, like a series of essays about publishing, writing, etc. Trying to find a way to build cohesion between the essays while having each of them stand alone could be a nice balance.

26. susansplaces says:

Christian, go for it. I think if we wait around wondering how many people are going to read it, we lose a lot of time. You need to do it FOR YOU!

27. Of course, who wouldn't? :-) And those are very cool glasses!

28. Autumn Leaves Fall S says:

29. Ken Marteney says:

Absolutely! Your thoughts on modern art on the last post I read are still rolling around in my head.

30. jennypellett says:

How do you put a nice cover on an e book? I'd read it but only on paper – can't get to grips with yet another screen!

31. texydeb says:

I like reading what you write so I would read it. :) It is nice to have a face to go with the writing.

32. I would read it! Now get to work! ;) Just kidding. I think it's a great idea.

33. I take something away from nearly every single post of yours that I read, so I'd check out the e-book. Would a post on how you gained such a great following fit into your blog series for next week?

34. Abrielle Valencia says:

I'm interested!! Go for it!! BTW, love the updated picture!

35. Nice photo. And if I had an e-reader, I'd read your e-book.

36. rehasana says:

Good to see ur picture!

37. Sashi says:

I would def read it, and you look awesome, by the way.

38. What's holding you back! I've learned some things from your posts and/or you given me things to think and ponder on and that has made me grow as a writer. Things like that are definitely worth publishing. You're a good writer about writing and by publishing an ebook more people will have the chance to read you.

39. colormusing says:

I'd be interested! I love your work!

40. makagutu says:

I definitely would and get a more recent photo! 4-5 years is such a long time you may have aged exponentially for all I know.

41. This is a good question. I ask myself this question as well. I have set back and watched a few of my friends do the e-book thing. I also have read what professional editors think of e-books in general. It is not a positive perspective either. I think having a good audience that knows your work helps. Promotion is a big part of this picture. It your know your strengths and weaknesses as a writer, an e-book publication has to be perfect if you want the kind of respect that you deserve. Don't rush into it.

42. Cody says:

I would certainly look through such a book.

43. oui !!!!!!!!! I cannot wait ! And please let me know how you do it – I want to do the same but have NO idea on where to start ……! [ of course – I have a lot to learn – you inspire us ! ]

44. I think a book with your writing / art ruminations & advice would be very very cool! Consider me in! :^)

45. My Unreachable Thoug says:

I would LOVE to read it, because I always learn new things from you.

46. ljr3 says:

Possibly on the e-book. On the photo, I have recently been wondering if your gravatar photo was you as a kid, and low and behold it is you!

47. John says:

I'd be interested. Good glasses and photo! On the market to replace mine next month…

48. NeveR says:

love your photo, beguilingly unfocused :)

49. adamjasonp says:

Not that I'd be able to pay, but yes.

50. You shy, sly boy. I am 74 and beginning to be shy and sly about my photos. The Amish, as I recently discovered with some embarrassment, do not take to having you snap their picture. Is it because they are modest before their God? Or are they afraid that I may capture their soul?

But onward. As a blogger I would revel in your words about the subject. – Diane

51. It's good to finally see you.

Nice picture.

52. Jevon says:

Depends on the content. Let's see what you got.

53. Greg Graham says:

I appreciate you posting a more current picture. For some reason it helps me to appreciate you as a writer by having an adult picture of you instead of you as a child. Before, I kept picturing your posts as coming from a precocious child.

54. fasigwrites says:

I will read it and since I also do graphics I would be happy to help with the cover.

55. Tarina says:

I find you have some very interesting things to say about writing.

It's strange to see a picture of someone whose writing I've been reading for a while. I imagined you quite differently!

Looking forward to the blog series. Should be cool. :)

56. tim says:

yes, you do a nice job is my observation and the tools and getting inside your head would be a worthwhile undertaking. bring it on

57. Zenith says:

I'm intrigued. What genres of art and writing take your fancy? What information is included in these essays? And do they offer a deep analysis of whichever artworks or novels they are about?

58. tazeinmirzasaad says:

Dear Christian, this is the first time I have seen your face-you are very handsome-a very gifted writer!! God bless you for sharing your amazing posts!!! I intend to get my book published, you are my foremost inspiration!! Destiny brought you to me!! Have a blessed life!

59. sakuraandme says:

Why so serious??? *laughing*..you look very smooth!

60. Abraham says:

Hi Cristian,

Yes, I would be interested in reading it.

(I don't know if I am happy you posted a recent picture. maybe you should have left us to imagine :-) )

61. Time to update your blog photo to show the real you to the world.

Sent from my Android phone on TELUS

62. Jim Brennan says:

I believe many people would buy the book.

63. Wendy says:

Christian, I have only been following you for about four months, but you quickly became the blog that I always read. So, yes, consider an e-book, and perhaps ask some of your long time followers what they would suggest be in it. I look forward to a new series of blog by you. Your writings are ALWAYS worth my time. Thanks.

64. kelihasablog says:

Yes :D Love the picture!

65. deadmousediaries says:

YES!!! (Enthusiastic enough? If not, please add another exclamation point at your discretion.) You might also consider a subscription podcast service. Mitchell Kyd

66. simplysands says:

Great that you posted your picture, thanks

67. robin claire says:

So that's you huh? I thought you were older than your gravatar photo. Nice to finally meet you.

68. XIII says:

So do I, very interrested

69. Mommabel says:

I am new to blogging in general, I find your tips very helpful. An e book would be wonderful

70. Linda Thorlakson says:

DEFINITELY! I'm interested due to my passion for words as a means of communication (which I feel that you do QUITE WELL, by the way). It occurs to me that some readers, like me, will be primarily interested in what you have to say about writing, while others will be primarily interested in what you have to say about art. I wonder if there's a way to organize the essays to they complement one another. Since it seems that art, music, dance, and writing all similarly reflect the mode of communication in effect at the time of their creation (in terms of realism, abstraction, more structure, less structure, whatever), it might not be that difficult to do (but, what do I know???).

71. Judy says:

Another vote for ….yes would read the e-book too!! And, I love the updated picture also….I kinda was wondering!! You do know that men get increasingly more interesting looking with age. My site bio pic is about 8 years old and probably best I leave it that way!! :) Love your writing!!

72. Of course! And yes ^what she said. Though I like your words = ) lol. Of course we would we are following you silly.

73. mijnzeep1 says:

Ai un stil de scris aparte, imi place f mult!

Natalia

74. sweetjen13 says:

i would definitely read it! please do. :)

75. Put it all together in an eBook. This will be a great book to read. I hope you will be at my blog soon. I have an update for you to see about a book publisher. I had a great read about this post. Thanks! Have a great day & see you soon!

76. the blog series sounds interesting! I am doing a series about blogging myself, weirdly enough, and I think Penny Howe is too. It is a small ole world.

You are cute. :)

77. You look… different here :)