What’s irevuo?

First of all I have to apologize for not updating this blog lately. I’ve been working like crazy on the new site. A lot of stuff to do, a lot of things to consider. A lot of plans, a lot of dreams. But this also means that we have something to show you.

What’s irevuo?

Well, irevuo is going to be a platform meant to encourage and promote aspiring artists from around the world. It’s going to be an online magazine and a place where artists showcase their works.

Right now, irevuo is a static page. And a logo. Do you like the logo? I think it’s pretty cool. We’re working on the wordpress platform as we speak.

Why irevuo?

It’s short. That’s why. It’s short and has a very romantic, almost artistic, appeal. It’s like Spanish, but it’s not. Also “revuo” means journal in Esperanto. And the” i” might come from a million different places: interconnected is a nice word.

What now?

Right now, I’d like you to check out our Facebook page and our Twitter. Let’s connect, let’s see how many likes irevuo gets.

What’s new?

You can support our dream to create a quarterly magazine here. You can buy digital and print copies, and you can also buy advertising in the January issue of our magazine.

What if you exceed your goal?

Our goal is to reach our goal, but let’s just say we do receive more money than we asked for. Well, we’re not going to waste them on wine and cigars and a couple of bathrobes. Instead, we’re going to do our best to develop this idea even further: printed magazine (a quarterly magazine), a special place to showcase visual artists (like a bunch of portofolio sites), and just spreading the word. Maybe a contest. Yeah, we’d love to finance a contest sometime in the future.

But right now, we’re just shy of reaching our goal. That’s the dream… to earn enough to build a fantastic website.

And a big, big thank you

to all of you who supported us. We are grateful that because of you, we can spend 15 hours a day glued to a chair, staring at a computer screen. Yes, we love to do that, and we also love to do something we’re passionate about. And this, irevuo, especially what we want it to be and what we feel could become, is something we’re really passionate about.

And now for a short commercial break:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Another way to support us is by ordering something from our shopYou’d also be like walking, talking ads.

Talk soon,

Cristian

98 comments on “What’s irevuo?

1. eparkperry says:

Wow! This has happened very fast. I'm impressed with your ambition, and can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

2. free penny press says:

Although I'm a writer, I have a big circle of artist friends who will definitely engage in a place such as this. I think its a great idea and a gap that needs to be filled.. I'll start getting the word out!

lynne

3. avwalters says:

Good luck with this really exciting venture!

4. hakesplace says:

Reblogged this on Welcome to Hakes' Virtual Cafe and commented:
    Today's Winner for "Art" Category! Please visit his blog and help make his dream come true as it will benefit many.

5. prewitt1970 says:

I rarely comment on your site but this endevour is highly worthy. I have visited the FB page "liked" and commented. Bravo to you sir.

6. Wait. I thought you were writing a novel in the month of November.

7. TAE says:

I'd say there's good, there's bad and then there's art ; )

GL with the project.

8. One rule of thumb is never to apologise for not blogging. It's not as if your readers have paid for a subscription.

9. texydeb says:

Congratulations! :)

10. Love it! I've liked and followed as appropriate.

Looking forward to seeing the journey unfold Cristian and cohorts!

Sara :)

11. Love the name and glad the fundraising campaign went so well.

12. Reblogged this on Pedro Fernandez Photography and commented:
    Take a look and (if you want) give a little support ;)

13. I think therefore Irevuo…good luck

14. Rhino House says:

Drooling with anticipation. Bonnes chances!

15. colormusing says:

Fantastic concept, Cristian!! Maybe I'll submit my photo montages…

16. Dia says:

Your productivity levels continue to amaze me. Love the logo and the name. Very chic.

17. Love the tag line! I'm going to share this with a couple of my visual artist friends.

18. Seriously, you give me hope and make me feel lazy! Congratulations on moving mountains in moments, and good luck for all future endeavors.

19. meridabill says:

Great Idea, Christian. You can count on money from by the end of the month. Tight budget but I wouldn't want it any other way considering what wealth has done for the USofA.

20. Wow! This is amazing, all the effort, team work,organization… Admirable! Lots of luck, and very nice logo

21. Good luck with your new venture! Cool logo!

22. Jevon says:

Great logo. Still not sure how to pronounce it though. But I'd definitely what a jersey and an ad on the site sometime in the future.

23. Excellent concept, congratulations and my good luck wishes for your continued success.

in all that you do.

24. Best of luck with the new project!

25. mickeyspicks says:

Way to go!

26. I'll write a post when we start accepting submissions.

27. Continued success in making your ideas real.

28. Mabarmalie says:

Wow, cant wait to see this in full flight!

29. artsychicksw says:

Reblogged this on thecreativesoulsara and commented:
    Something brand new for aspiring artists and those who love art. It's not quite up and running yet, but I wanted to share with all of you so you'll be there to watch it grow.
    Peace to your hearts

30. I love your slogan: "art. popular since 10,000 B. C." Very clever, catchy and memorable! I'll pass this on to some of my artist friends in Ireland.

31. Anna B says:

What a beautiful looking blog! :) Very cool.

32. kdoriginalkd says:

That is just the most beautiful thing I have seen today!

Good work for a great course !

33. Tarina says:

Wow, this is really becoming a reality, this is so cool.

The logo – I like the letters used for 'irevuo,' and it's a rather nice word in itself (the fact it's original really appeals to me.) If I'm honest, I have to say I'm not extremely keen the red-orange bars at the top, a wavy blue-green would be nicer, but that's just my personal opinion.

I'm looking forward to seeing this site/magazine up and will see what I can do to spread the word.

Best wishes :)

34. Really like the logo, and the idea.

35. jamieaaron03 says:

Sounds like a good idea to me

36. leamuse says:

Bon courage et bon chance!

37. Good Luck Cristian! Can't wait to see success come to your new project.

Cheers! troy

38. Simon Eskow says:

Great idea. Not as into the logo, but I'd wear the shirt, if I ever signed up. Alas, don't do much art these days. Some friends might be interested to know about it.

39. alisonamazed says:

Good luck! …and thanks :)

40. jlee5879 says:

Keep up the good work! The logo is growing on me the more I look at it.

41. Really like the logo and tag line…simple/creative. Way to go!

42. Way to go ! Your logo is simple, clean and so so fresh; as is the idea itself. Wishing you all the best in your new venture!!! The.Food.Library.

43. sodaglass says:

congratulations! its a great initiative. wishing you all the very best!

44. Great Logo. Did you do that? If so you studied about logo design.

I don't care what anyone says, you cannot go wrong with a bath robe and a cigar. Just walking around that way will immortalize you as a writer.

45. I just stumbled on this Cristian… and wish you the best, a fulness of your aspirations to be realized. I'll keep a watchful eye on all you do from here on out- Bonnes chance, good luck, buenos suerte and God willing… much success.

46. caroline1t says:

Sounds like a great site, will be very curious to see it!

47. That sounds really exciting. It's nice to see someone with a passion for something becoming successful. I'm at a point in my life where hopefully big things will start happening as well. Best of luck to you!

48. "Hold fast to your dreams though bitter the strife:

For to flesh forth dreams is the purpose of life"

From a poem I wrote recently. Thought this couplet from it was appropriate.

Good luck.

Thurstan

49. addareview says:

Wow just having a wee snoop around your blog again; so much going on! Irevuo just adds another success to your collection – great work!

50. roxyloxy says:

Great initiative! Good luck with your ingenious idea!

51. Sounds awesome! Great logo :)

Good luck!

52. Great Logo – Congratulations on your project!

53. Sarah says:

Once I make more art, I'd love to partake in this site. I can't wait to see it unfold!

54. CFisher says:

The very best of luck. I hope I can help in some way.

55. Trevor says:

Well shoot, consider me in on this! I don't know that I have much bank right now to spare, but any publication to facilitate indie writer awarenes (and… me) is a laudable cause.

56. Miss Mouse says:

I think this is an excellent idea, and definitely something I would use for my fiction writing, which thus far hasn't made it farther than my circle of friends. Thanks for your hard work and ambition!

57. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Fantastic idea, fantastic moves. Excellent! Good luck :)

58. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Sorry – hit return too soon. I don't have FB or twitter so can't like, but it looks like this site SCREAMS support for you :)

59. Great, can't wait to see it.

60. As for not blogging, your working on the site, which will reach and help others, so take a coffee break, as well. :D

61. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and are in the midst of a great Thanksgiving weekend!

62. I think it's a hoot that you want to "develop this idea even further" by making a printed magazine. The old becomes new again. Best of luck with this worthwhile endeavor!

63. Love the idea and glad to see that it's being done by someone who is passionate about the arts! I look forward to seeing what is next for Irevuo; it's got great potential!

64. cookie5683 says:

How YUMMY is this idea. I love it!!

65. quiteserine says:

Looks so interesting! I want to see how this pans out

66. Alice says:

Cool initiative. Best wishes from an "i" coming from Beirut ;)

67. doriantgray says:

That sounds kick-ass, Cristian! Keep up the good work!

68. Anna Dunk says:

Best of luck to you on the magazine!

69. pjbrez says:

As an unknown artist, I totally love this idea! More power to you!!!!

70. I just nominated you for an award. Check out my blog when you have a moment.

71. pixelrites says:

Wow! I'm following you on Facebook and Twitter.Best wishes

72. rethinknow says:

Hummm… not quite sure if I agree. I think after a while, bloggers develop a relationship with their readers and expect more than sporadic presence. If you want this to be a leisure it's not a problem not to post, but if you're turning it into a career… then it might matter somewhat more.

73. I nominated you for the Liebster Award, well deserved it is!!

74. Great idea, best of luck to you!

75. Anastasios says:

Cristian! Your idea is totally awesome, art needs a place to be showcased, and it's great that you're using your skills and talent to help others get it out there! It takes courage to go for your dreams, so for that I salute you!

Keep up the passion. It's the first step to success.

I trust that you'll rise above all the flames that life will throw at you. YEAH!

Blessings : )

76. Yeah, keep spreading the art to as many people as possible. If we have a world tomorrow, (dec21) it will be better!

77. The Guat says:

A really great idea!

78. Great idea. Cool logo. Good luck and keep spreading sunshine!

79. Rejoycin says:

Nice logo Cristian

80. bigblue45 says:

Reblogged this on The Blue Notebook and commented:
    An up and coming website supporting artists of all forms. They are starting a magazine in January. Check out their site and share it!

81. Loving the idea, and the logo too. All the best!

82. nyparrot says:

Liked Jrevuo on FaceBook, and Follow on Twitter:-). Merry Christmas!!

83. shanelalonde says:

Great idea! Love the logo and the name. Good luck with everything.

84. Adeline says:

Foarte interesant, bravo! Salutari din Trasilvania :)

85. Michele says:

Lots and lots of luck to you! <3

86. WDW says:

Love this! And irevuo does have a romantic feel to it, I like! : )

87. Terry says:

Excellent! What a great idea! You are certainly on the right track to meeting your goals.

88. dramonovich says:

Awesome project. Will return soon.