irevuo funded

Yes, it happened. We managed to successfully fund our Indiegogo campaign in just under ten days. To be honest, I didn’t think it was possible. I never thought we’d raise more than a couple of bucks. But now we’re here, with enough cash to pay for professional hosting ( from Media Temple, that is), to buy all the frameworks and plugins and add-ons we need in order to make irevuo not just a pretty website, but a vibrant community as well.

So, yeah, we have to thank you. Without your help, your contributions, your shares and tweets, your mentions, and other neat social media stuff, this wouldn’t have been possible.

Right now, I’m beyond ecstatic. That much so that I don’t really need sleep anymore. Or something like that.

With 21 days left, we believe we can do so much more with irevuo. That’s why we’re launching an extended goal of $1000. If we reach it, irevuo will also become a quarterly magazine (available in print and digital formats). We want to be able to pay semi-pro rates for all fiction featured in the magazine(that’s between 1 and 4.9 cents per word). Yeah, and we also need a bunch of other technical stuff, but that’s not so big of a problem.

Why?

Because the more outlets we can use in order to promote this idea, the better it is for irevuo to really have an impact. Maybe we can also launch a podcast… you never know.

The potential is there, the interest is also there… and the artists… well, they’re practically everywhere.

So, in order to help us reach our extended goal, we’ve launched some new perks:

$10
Digital Magazine

You will receive the first issue of our quarterly magazine (digital download in the format of your choice.) The first issue will be launched in January, 2013.

$30

Printed Magazine

You will receive the first issue of our quarterly magazine in printed format.

We also have two bundle perks, which include a plethora of cool stuff (magazine issues, t-shirts, etc.)

Let’s make irevuo even better. We know we can. We just a need a bit of help.

***

You can contribute here. No money? No worries… help us with a share or like… or tell a rich uncle about us.

Also, you can recommend artists (any kind, really) by sending an e-mail to contact at irevuo dot com. Please include a link to a website/blog , so we can take a look.

30 comments on “irevuo funded

1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That's awesome. I'm super excited to see how the site grows. I know so many young people with so much creativity, and I think irevuo will help expose that!

2. simonhlilly says:

Woohooo! Excellent! Looking forward to everything!

3. Congratulations! May you have loads of success.

4. festivalking says:

I quoted Pablo Picasso in my last quote as well… Its so true :)

Congratulations!

5. I've been so caught up in my problems that I wasn't even aware of this. I'm sorry I couldn't support you, but I will in the future. Congratulations!

6. I hope others let on the bandwagon like I did to get the first phase funded…

7. It is so great to see someone finding success like this. Heartfelt congratulations! I will be keeping an eye out as this progresses!

Sarah

8. annotating60 says:

Congratulations I'm glad to see you got it going. Though, I didn't doubt you would.>KB

9. Daniel Undem says:

Congratulations and good luck with your new adventure. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

10. Congratulations! I'm happy for you and very inspired.

11. LisaLesa says:

Wonderful. Well done. Fast means that people have passion and courage of conviction…best of all they came across with the greenbacks to prove it! Well done.

12. hakesplace says:

Reblogged this on Welcome to Hakes' Virtual Cafe and commented:
    Moving forward…artists, please take the time to review. Excellent means to be discovered.

13. chiclygreen says:

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing it all unfold!

14. emilyannfrances says:

Congratulations, Cristian. I wish you great success. Your entries about writing are helping me keep up my own daily practice at 750words.com

15. Pani Peonia says:

Congratulations!!!

16. Congratulations! Wonderful news, and I wish you much success with the launch. Out of work, but happy to do my part by sharing.

17. tblack22 says:

Nice work man. Excellent news.

18. David Ramos says:

Congrats! This is so cool! Keep chasing it.

19. Hey Christian!

Congratulations! That is really awesome that you reached your goal on Indiegogo. We're also really happy to have you with us here at (mt) Media Temple. If you ever need anything from us, don't forget that we're here 24/7 by phone, chat and Twitter :)

Drew J

(mt) Media Temple

@MediaTemple

20. CD says:

Congratulations Mihai! Felicitari… Will twitter this and reblog!

21. CD says:

Reblogged this on Soul traveler and commented:
    A great initiative and a worthy cause! Artists need our support as we could not survive witout beauty in our lives…

22. fasigwrites says:

In the post Sandy hole I am a little strapped on cash but I got you as soon as this mess is cleared. I sent this out on twitter as well with several authors groups in that list it should help.

23. Congratulations! Exciting times…:-)

24. petit4chocolatier says:

Congratulations Cristian!

25. Glad you reached your goal, Cristian, cause I am SO poor, lol, CONGRATS! Can't wait to see where you go from here…good luck and God Bless!

26. Yoshiko says:

Congratulation. :-)

27. mamiesmith says:

Congrats! Can't wait to see it!