The Portrait of a Writer: Essays finally on Amazon

Remember that collection of essays I published a few weeks ago? Well, Amazon finally accepted it. After three weeks or so of constant e-mailing with the folks there. It took so long simply because they saw that most of the content is available for free here, so they wanted to make sure I wasn’t plagiarizing anyone. Or something like that.

You can find the book here ( Amazon US) and here ( Amazon UK). Also, if you hate Amazon or want to read this collection of essays on other e-readers (or on your computer in a another format, such as .epub or .pdf), you can go on Smashwords and purchase it from there.

So, yeah, that was more difficult than usual. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen again. Or else I’ll have to make my own e-store (something I’ve been thinking about quite often lately).

35 comments on “The Portrait of a Writer: Essays finally on Amazon

1. Well done for pushing them.

2. you look so sad on your book–handsome but sad

3. Kim Ross says:

Congratulations!!!

4. Pani Peonia says:

I just read the sample at Smashwords. I do like it, I think i need a full copy. I will buy it because things you write about are for me – writer to be – very interesting.. Have a nice day!

5. kdoriginalkd says:

Gratz! :D

that aweesome! :)

6. Pani Peonia says:

OK, I've got it! :)

7. Opalla says:

Great news, and another step forward, Cristian!

8. robinbeverly says:

I used smashwords. It was relatively easy. Good luck.

9. wonkywizard says:

Hope you will continue the good work here.

10. What, did they read every essay you wrote and check every source for plagerism….really Amazon? Can't they tell real content from plagerized?

I'm glad you finally got it on…I'm thinking about amassing my short stories in such a way as well myself and publishing it as an ebook sometime soon when my collection of stories gets a little larger …probably by early next year..so wish me luck….congrats btw

Philip Wardlow

11. meholysmile says:

Excellent :)

12. tf141soldier says:

Wow, nice: I'll have to read it.

13. Yoshiko says:

Nice to buy a copy of it. Nice to re-read your post in my ebook reader. :-)

14. Congrats! Also, get out of my head! Seriously, your review site, wanting to start your own e-store. I'm working on this whole "artistic empire" thing, and let's just say a lot of the ideas you bandy about (and realize in more timely manners) mirror my own (don't know if you share the goal, but mine is to save the world by helping out artists).

Thanks for all of the hard work you do, the inspiration to keep going, and for the kick in the butt (you're a lot younger than me and have accomplished so much!).

15. David Ramos says:

Congratulations! Love the cover.

16. Marie Taylor says:

Congratulations! Love the cover picture on your book. Marie

17. combatbabe says:

I don't know what amazon has done (possibly due to the fact I never use it), but they sure have ticked some people off from what I gather on the Interwebz. Congratulations!

18. scroungelady says:

OK – I followed the link and purchased your book. We live in the infinite now, so it is exciting to have an opportunity to glimpse a piece of it.

19. I really enjoy reading your posts. You have so much good, practical advice on writing.

20. kiwiskan says:

I'll definitely be downloading this one. Well done.

21. gooseyanne says:

Hey! Well done – your perseverence has obviously paid dividends – here`s to riches beyond the dreams of avarice eh?

22. ljr3 says:

Your own e-store, good idea. A small to medium independent Mihai e-publishing co along with your new website/magazine, seems good to me.

23. petit4chocolatier says:

Great job!!

24. I like the idea of your own e-store…then you could publish whatever you want!

25. Harold Green says:

Congratulations from one of your fans in Mexico!!!

26. tblack22 says:

Good for you man! Congrats.

27. Yup. Stop plagiarizing yourself! %~)

Congrats, and good luck!