A few sleepless nights and the website is looking better. And it’s got more functions. Or something like that.
So, basically, we’ve got the following things:
- The online magazine part, with art related news, interviews, and so on.
- The community. This part is what I’d like to tell you about. You can register for an account with your e-mail or use one of your social media accounts (including your WordPress.com account) What can you do with an account on irevuo? Well, you can start topics, reply, and stuff like that on our forum. You can add pictures (your work), you can interact with other users, create user groups, and so on. So, it’s kind of like a mini-social network for artists.
But wait, there’s more. More updates, that is.
- Newsletter signup. This one’s pretty cool. You can choose to receive daily updates, weekly updates, or an e-mail every midnight from me. It’s a cool new feature I’m trying to implement, called The Midnight Muse.
- Donors page. Yup, it’s finally up. I sent out e-mails to everyone who chose this perk during our Indiegogo campaign. If you haven’t received one, please e-mail me at contact at cristianmihai dot net.
- Submissions page. It’s true, it’s really there. We’re now open for submissions, including fiction submissions for our magazine.
There is no page (or at least, not yet) but we have the following jobs available:
- Book reviewer. Someone who just happens to read a lot of indie books, just happens to want to review them, and just happens to want to review them for us. One, two reviews a week, no hard feelings if you can’t meet up with the work quota, ’cause sadly we don’t pay.
- Scout. Yup, you heard it right (or read it.) We’re looking for someone who knows a lot of artists, who hangs out with a lot of them, who has accounts on every art related website known to man. Someone who can recommend us good artists to feature on our website or in our magazine.
- Another me. I’m kidding now. But if there’s anyone out there who’d like to contribute regularly with an article or two per week about art, culture, and the likes… also, someone who’d like to interview other artists, who’d like to write a news article every day or so. So, someone who’d be a part of our editorial team.
Sadly, we don’t pay our employees. Not that we don’t want to, but we can’t afford to.
Now I’d like to show you this video…
It’s basically the software that we want to buy for our magazine, so we can deliver some pretty kick-ass digital content. It’s been on the wishlist, but the fact that we lost a theme and plugins, and had to spend hundreds of dollars on a new theme and new plugins has made it increasingly difficult for us to buy this piece of software.
The day after Christmas, I want to start work on the January issue of irevuo magazine. And it would be super cool to be able to do so with all the best software.
There are two ways you can help. Or three… maybe four, actually. Don’t know, I haven’t got much sleep lately. Anyway, there’s our campaign on Indiegogo. There you can buy magazine copies, advertising, become a sponsor, or just contribute any amount you like. About those ads… don’t worry about designing them. We can do that for you, for free. You just worry about what you should advertise.
Then, we’ve got a donation page here. If you contribute $25 or more, you get listed on our Donors page. Forever and ever.
And there were supposed to be three. Or four. Or more.
Oh, yeah, it’s not all about the money. If you like our project, if you want to help but your just as poor as I am, you can tweet, share, or ask a rich uncle to contribute for you. We need all the help we can get. And every person who gets to find out about our idea… you get the idea.
I’m gonna pretend I was talking on a walkie-talkie. So, over and out.