irevuo – February 2013

I’m going to be as brief as possible because I don’t want to waste your time. Basically, we need your help, so we can launch a new issue of irevuo magazine in February. In order to obtain the much needed funds, we set up a new Indiegogo campaign here.

Why do we need money?

• To pay our fiction contributor.
  • To buy a neat piece of software called Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. This software will allow us to create interactive digital content and publish that content as an app for iOS, Android, and Kindle. This means we’ll be able to provide a free app where people can read all of irevuo magazine’s issues. The Single Edition of this software costs about $400.
  • To buy for a iOs Developer Program Account, which costs another $99 per year. Also, there’s a $25 registration fee to the Android Developer Program.
  • Other miscellaneous costs – buying high-res images, printing and shipping costs for our perks.

Simply put, we need to raise 1,000$. If this campaign proves successful (and there’s no reason for me to believe otherwise, considering that the others were successful as well), we’ll receive about $900, if we take out Indiegogo’s 4% commission and PayPal’s commission.

That being said, we’d like to provide new, better magazine issues each month, and give them away for free. We also want to expand (that’s why the development of these apps is this fundraiser’s top priority.)

Of course, there are other ways you can help our campaign. You can spread the word, tell your friends about it… you can like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

I think this is the right way to go. A community supported magazine. Those who are willing and able to can support us. Also, it allows me to give stuff for free, which is one of the things I really enjoy doing.

Cristian

12 comments on “irevuo – February 2013

1. zeejewelry says:

As a supporter, I would love to have my free Jewelry giveaway/contest passed on. Check out my blog. Thanks Allie

2. fasigwrites says:

Cristian there is little i can do financially but I can help with images if you would like. There would be not cost to you for the images just let me know what you need and if I can do it I will. The exposure is more than enough for me. If you would like samples go to fasigwrites.wordpress.com there are several of them there. Good luck and thank you.

3. deWriterMD says:

Reblogged this on MetaRead360 Small Press presents and commented:
    I think this is a great "cause"…hope you meet or exceed your goal on Indiegogo!

4. Hi Cristian – great initiative and i just contributed a small amount and hope to make your goal a bit easier to accomplish! keep up and blessings to you & your work!

5. I would love to be able to say I can contribute financially (especially because the incentives/perks are exceptionally desirable) however, I work voluntarily with my housing and food provided and cannot support you financially :( I'll gladly share the link about though. I'm going to start a companion blog to my main one in the near future focussed on reviewing stuff and will gladly provide an article for this publication when it comes out :)

Keep it up.

6. LetSdeG says:

Just shared your request with all of my circles and will be making a donation soon. Keep up the great work Cristian.

7. JC says:

Refreshing! Well done!

8. Toner Laser says:

What a wonderful post!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

9. Chris, I want to buy ad space for the Feb issue, but what if you don't make your funding goal? What happens to the issue and my ad money?