Limited Edition Hardcover – cover mock-up

hardcover_frontI decided to celebrate reaching the campaign’s goal by designing the cover for the limited edition hardcover. I went with simple. And white. Of course, there’s still a lot of work to be done, but I just wanted to share it with you.

And, yes, I did change the title, mostly because some people might think it’s written in French, and those who do speak French were asking me why it was “la” instead of “les.” Well, it was kind of an inside joke, and you had to read the novel to understand it.

So it wasn’t worth the risk. I think “One Third of a Wheel” sounds kind of cool. Think of it as wordplay on “the third wheel.” Or me being too dumb to figure out a proper title.

Anyway, a bit further down you’ll get to see the complete cover – well, as complete as a “spineless” cover can be.

hardcover_mockup

I’m pretty excited about having a hardcover edition of one of my books. I’ve always wanted this, and now I was given the perfect opportunity to actually justify the insane amount of work required to do the formatting and cover design.

There are still 14 copies left. As you probably already know, only 30 copies will ever be printed, so if you want to get your hands on one of these limited edition, hand numbered, and signed by the author novels, you have to move fast. They’re available for sale here, and for just about 36 more hours. After that, you won’t find this edition for sale anywhere else.

Talk soon,

Cristian

P.S. The special offer I announced a couple of days ago still applies: for any contribution, regardless of value or selected perks, you’ll also receive an e-book copy of a compilation of essays on art and writing I will be releasing in a few weeks.

24 comments on “Limited Edition Hardcover – cover mock-up

1. Papizilla says:

Reblogged this on The Ranting Papizilla.

2. avwalters says:

On Third of a Wheel–measured as in Pi?

3. Steve says:

Looks great, Cristian :)

4. I just wanted to say that I like the cover and the title. I didn't see the first versions of either, but good job. :-)

5. Beautiful title… Truly perfect, it "rings" well, makes you question and want to check the content… Congrats, may it be very successful!

6. ihelenblog says:

Congratulations. Exciting times for you! :-)

7. Carrie says:

You made it? You reached your goal, and even went further. Congratulations on your new book.

8. Awesome work Cristian :-)

9. The mystery of the title of your new book makes me wonder what it is about. I like the use of negative space (white), which is striking.

10. Well done on your new book. I'm afraid I'm not convinced by the title. I don't know what the book is about, and the title doesn't seem to give me a clue. So I guess it's about a city because of the picture – but I still don't know whether it's horror, thriller or factual etc. Your title needs to build on the picture you've used.

11. Phil Martin says:

Wow. It seems like you have a lot of good things going for you as a writer.

I checked out the link where you are promoting your books, and I am impressed.

Your progress is very inspirational to me.

What is One Third of a Wheel about?

12. Harald Hagen says:

Congratulations on your campaign, Cristian! Folks don't make it unless they deserve it, so you definitely did one hell of a job. March on.

13. Intriguing cover – congratulations on reaching your goals!

14. thepale says:

Glad it worked out!

15. Congratulations: To design the cover that goes with a new title is a challenge. it worked out very well.

16. emanateslife says:

Hello!

You have been nomitated to the the Flavie Peticoeur Award!

Keep on creating!

Best, Per

17. coastalmom says:

Congratulations. Praying much success! It looks wonderful. I would love it if you would write about your publishing your books and the journey. As writers we would all be very interested! Thank you for sharing!

18. carovaldezam says:

Kudos Cristian!! What an amazing work you do!

19. Lovely cover. Black and white is always striking. Perfect title.

20. clbolinbooks says:

Love it! Clean lines, classy layout, and the simplicity that draws the eye, very nice!

21. so happy you made it to the finish line…..hope my contribution reached you…Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Congratulations, on getting to the finish line…Hope you got my contribution and know it was sent with a great desire for your success and my partiality to Romania…you have a beautiful country!

23. elifkasap says:

what does the title mean ?