Free short story

the_seaI thought the title would capture people’s attention. So, yeah, I’ve been doing quite a bit of writing lately. In fact, hopefully by the end of the month I’ll be announcing my most ambition novel sort of thing yet. Something like that. But after I write a post about writing and fishing, and how similar they are.

Oh, yeah, you can download the short story here. It’s available in all electronic formats ever invented by homo sapiens sapiens. Also, it’s a strange story. Thought you should know. Weird story. Spooky maybe. Don’t know. Give it a try, you might actually like it.

On another note, I just got One Third of a Wheel back from the editor. It’s going to take a few days to get all the interior formatting (and cover design) done, but it should be worth it. I’ll do my best to release the novel by the end of next week. Just so you know.

15 comments on “Free short story

1. Saunved says:

It was a lovely story. Yes, it was weird, spooky at times and pacy. I loved the way you started with the butterfly and suddenly shifted the POV to the three men and eventually to William. Great story. Way to go!

2. seanbidd says:

An interesting read, I like the interrupting beginning, and the transient flow. Thanks for the open read of your short story.

3. I was grabbed by the pic. Where do you get your cover art?

4. Hannah Zhang says:

Did The Old Man and the Sea play a part in the inspiration?

5. ljr3 says:

I like the cover. I’m interested already! I’ll have to give it a read. When did you start using an editor?

6. ljr3 says:

Unusual but good. I agree with Saunved, I like the use of the butterfly and the shift in POV.

7. I tried downloading it on my iPad but it didnt work. I have 4 fifferent ebook readers and it seems none recognized the format. tips?

• If you have iBooks installed, you just need to download the epub version. Also, you might have to download it on your computer, then sync it with your iPad. Not sure about that though.

8. the bayarean says:

interesting and very descriptive. it left me wanting to know more!

9. One Third of a Wheel is definitely one of my favorite of your works. It’s so deep, and your descriptive writing literally takes me from this world to another. You make me experience senses I didn’t know I had when I read anything you write. Truly an artist.

10. Morbid Insanity says:

“it’s a strange story. Weird story. Spooky maybe.”
    I liked it!

11. calli6c says:

The butterfly! I loved the butterfly. Perhaps you could mention it again as the ending line or near the end.

And I love your “About The Author.”