Help make it happen…

We are different. You and I. We live in different parts of the world. Probably. We think differently, we act differently, we’ve lost different things, and, most certainly, we want different things. We feel lonely at different hours of the night. We see the world differently, we have certain perspectives, ideals, and principles. We believe in different things. But the biggest difference is that my struggles are mine alone. So are yours.

I’ve come to the conclusion that fear can be defeated. Never destroyed, but defeated, time and time again. A never ending battle. I’ve come to the conclusion that I am in charge of my own destiny, that I can forge my own legacy.

Simply put, I write. And my words find their way to people from all over this world. Maybe it all means something to some of them, maybe it doesn’t. But that’s not why I write.

I write because it makes me happy. Big, big word that one. But it makes me happy. Writing has been the only true constant in my life. As long as I choose to write, no one can take it from me. There’s nothing the outside world can threaten me with, there’s nothing you or anyone else can give me or take from me that will change my desire write.

For I, and I alone, can write my stories. No one’s going to write them for me. No one’s going to go down this path for me. And, truth be told, no one told me to choose this path either.

It’s all me. It’s my decision, as it’s my struggle.

But it does happen sometimes. Fear.

Some mornings find me afraid of what’s going to happen. The lazy hours of the night don’t find me writing; they find me walking around the house, trying to figure out how to pay bills, how to buy food, and all the other stuff people think about from time to time.

I find myself in a dark place, and I see no way out of it.

Truth be told, it’s frustrating. Because it feels like the whole universe is conspiring against me. But, like I previously stated, I chose to walk down this path.

We are different. You and I. We’ve never met, and odds are that we’ll never actually meet. But you’ve read some of my words. Maybe they’ve meant something to you. Maybe they didn’t. But if they did mean something to you, and you’re capable of doing so, please consider leaving a small donation to my campaign here.

It would be selfish of me to ask any single person to carry the whole burden, that’s why I’m asking for small donations. Just a little bit of help. One dollar, it does help me immensely.

Also, for anyone who’s willing to contribute more, there’s a special offer. There are 5 spots for anyone who contributes a minimum of $100: besides any perks you might select from the campaign, you’ll also have one of your blog posts rebbloged on this blog. That’s a lot of exposure. A lot.

So, if you want to help make it happen for Cristian Mihai, you can do so here.

16 comments on “Help make it happen…

1. kellymcanena says:

I’d love to help you but I have literally no money in the bank at all. :( Please continue writing. You know it matters.

2. K. A. Brace says:

Note*** I have been in contract with Cristian since July of last year buy re-post spots on this blog. I casn tell you that having access tro over 64,000 possible readers is not something to sneeze at. I won’t give you numbers, but I have had a steady increase in followersa since working with Cristian. I am reaching many more people than I would have on my own. Yes it costs money so its not for everyone. Yes, you need to have a site that people will possibly be interested in which means quality writing, fiction, poetry and non-fiction. Look if you think you have something worthy to say and would like more followers it is at least trying it once to see what happens. It’s a far sight better than waiting to get Freshly Pressed–god knows how they pick sites. I know people here that have been on for five years and never got Freshly Pressed. It is a great opportunity for you to get some real exposure to a large group of people. Not all 64,000 are going to see your re-post but a lot will. I would recommend to any writers who are sitting there thinking why isn’t anyone reading the great stuff I’m writing. It’s because they don’t know you’re alive and writing such great stuff. >KB

3. Man I would love to help you out but like others have already said I am broke too trying to pay off student loans and the like.

I will pray that God provides for you though!

coveredbymercy.wordpress.com

4. colin says:

You’re so right.

5. Sandra says:

I agree. Fear does never disappear. :-/
    Fear can also be motivating, sometimes.
    Writing can bring you closer to that dark place, or out of it. And at least I never know where that is going to be. Or when.

6. vonzex says:

I feel for you, Cristian. Honestly wish I could donate to your cause because I’ll help a fellow author where ever I can, but damn does the economy suck and right now I’m afraid of paying the power bill, let alone the rent. However, I will buy one of your books. I’m sure you won’t make as much in royalties as you deserve (no writer ever does) but I’ve become pretty good at selling books. My friend’s shelves are full of my recommendations, who in turn tell their friends.

Honestly, best of luck to you. I enjoy your writing and for once didn’t find someone asking for donations to be obnoxious.

7. Am sure there are people out there who are ready to help just keep doing what you do best and you won’t be disappointed.

8. “For I, and I alone, can write my stories”. That’s exactly described how I feel, I want to share my vision of the world with everyone and I alone can do that, may it be through writing, photography or anything else but yes the responsibility is totally ours. Self expression is really important to me and writing was always a part of it and so I finally started my own blog, I ll be looking forward to read more of your content coz I guess we share that vibe from the first line I quoted.

9. crystallynnb says:

I too wish I could donate. The publicity you offer is nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention I enjoyed reading your work. Please understand though I am a mother of four ages 6,4,3, and 2 1/2 months now. I was recently diagnosed with a rare condition that too many doctors don’t understand that makes it difficult for me to work. (I was in the medical field for the past 10 years of my life and damn good if I do say so but now I am too much of a high risk employee to be hired.) so our soul income is from my husband who ironically became downsized when it rains it pours right. (and don’t think we didn’t use birth control, we have used everything short of removing parts lol,) We are blessed, I just wish I could do better for my precious blessings. As it is when my condition acts up my heart stops…Hence my letters which created my blog. So please understand while I am moved by your request I’m unable to assist. But hey you already have a book published, (something I’ve been dreaming of since I read my first book.) That my friend is amazing!! So good luck to you and thank you for finding me so that I could read your lovely work, which I will be looking forward to reading more of. :)

10. I am J says:

If I could find a job myself, I’d be happy to help. I wish you well and hope you can stay the course and keep writing. Thank you for following my blog. I will, in one of my posts soon, mention your blog and see if that helps. It’s the least I can do to help you follow your dream.

11. Such a great perspective. Thanks for sharing!

12. We’re not as different as you think ;) good luck

13. Recently I’m having the same feeling that writing was the only constant thing in my life…

14. etjourne says:

No excuses here, fellow writer. I feel your struggle and know we were put on this earth to help, learn, promote, and support one another. I’ll donate small amounts and buy your books. ET @ etjourne.com