Love and… uhm… stuff

It’s Valentine’s Day, and, well, Yahoo is offering lovers the chance to auto-compose romantic e-mails. They’re kind of funny, but I’m not sure how many of you want to send their loved ones the same e-mails as a thousand others.

Anyway, even if you hate this day (for various reasons), there’s one undeniable fact: “We make art because we are capable of love. We can feel our surroundings, not only touch them or see them or smell them or whatever. We can feel them on a level that doesn’t really make much sense. It’s like… some people choose to think that they’re sad because it’s raining outside, while others believe that it’s raining because they’re sad.”

It’s really nice to fall in love. There’s not much I can say other than that. There’s hope and courage and strength for those who love truly. If you’re not in love, I hope you do fall in love one day. And even if you do get hurt, there’s nothing to make you feel more alive.

That’s it, actually.

20 comments on “Love and… uhm… stuff

1. xnurx says:

I completely agree :-)

2. Exact thoughts I have when I have to buy a card, especially the ones that say “for that special someone” how many special someones were they all sent to? haha…Nice thoughts for this write though and I agree, love does make you feel alive :)

3. Good points. I think much of the problem is lack of proper perspective. I am not in a relationship currently, thus I am not celebrating today in a romantic sense. However, I am not saddened or burdened because it is Valentine’s Day. There are those that will be depressed, but as you point out, it is a choice. I do agree with you in that, hurt can provide the feeling of being alive or knowing that you are alive. It isn’t pleasant but at the same time, it can enhance your perspective as you move forward in life

4. Meighan Morrison says:

You’re adorable, Cristian. Love your posts. Will you be my Valentine?

5. I couldn’t agree less with you. you hit the nail at the right place. Thanks for posting and Happy Valentine Day to you

6. texydeb says:

I enjoyed this very much. thank you

7. seaangel4444 says:

Happy Valentine’s Day to you, Cristian!! With big hugs, Cher xo

8. I really enjoyed that quote. Where did it come from?

9. Julxrp says:

Falling in love is the easy part for me. Them feeling the same way about you is an entirely different matter.

10. bwdell says:

It’s nice to fall in love (a wonderful feeling), but staying in love requires a daily commitment that goes beyond feelings (just like writing requires a daily commitment). “For love, it seems to me, is an action, not a noun.” Or something like that.

11. Jess says:

This post is beautiful. Thank you for it.

12. michnavs says:

Very well said…keep on inspiring people..

13. vonzex says:

“It’s like… some people choose to think that they’re sad because it’s raining outside, while others believe that it’s raining because they’re sad.”” Nice!

14. aishpandey says:

hmm.. optimism i say , in this post.

15. You are so sweet. As for me, it was love in teamspirit on what we call #loveweek: http://avantgardecoach.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/my-magical-week-valentines-day/

16. alexjrankin says:

The other day I saw people offering to write romantic emails and messages for people to send to their loved ones. In my opinion, if you haven’t got the time or the inclination to do these things yourself, you can’t really be in love.

17. This post is so rich in its meaning and beauty, it offers us a wonderful perspective on love.

18. joshuapd says:

I’m really liking your personality my friend, your voice shines freakin’ great. Keep on writing my brotha!

19. Truer words are yet to be spoken! I have been in love, heart broken and all yet I still want to be in love again. Its like the key to unlock this passion and energy you never knew you had.