What if I fall?

fly

“What if I fall?”
“Oh my darling, what if you fly?”

Do you ever ask yourself if you like the person you are? If you are who you’ve always wanted to be? Do you know who you want to be?

To be honest, it wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I realized who I really wanted to be. I want to be that guy who tells people they can fly. I want to see the magic they have stored up in their hearts for so long. And I want to make them see it, I want to make them use it. Because, truth be told, falling is just another way to fly.

Ask yourself, “What if I actually fly?” Ask yourself that, over and over again, until you stop worrying you’ll fall. And once you genuinely believe that you can fly, never let anyone take that from you. Never let that spark go out.

And I find it sad that it’s not the fall that breaks most people, but rather fear. Or doubt. They stare down and they’re afraid of what might happen. The fall won’t break you. Trust me. If you’re brave enough to try to fly, the fall won’t ever, ever destroy you.

Failure is temporary. Pain is temporary. Anger is temporary. Hopelessness is temporary.

Quitting, however… that one lasts forever.

I believe that if grownups would have been required to learn how to walk, most of us would be crawling on floors. You fall and you get up, you fall and you get up. Sometimes it hurts. You cry. But then you try again. Idealism is a bizarre mixture of hope, naivety, and enthusiasm.

Courage. Ambition. Perseverance.

You’ll have all that, and a lot more, when your belief in the possibility of succeeding becomes stronger than your fear of failure.

I see magic in people. I see magic in the artists that I admire. I see an endless potential for greatness. It’s my choice to see that in them, even when they aren’t willing to see it themselves.

For a long time I used to believe that I had been born to be great. That I’d conquer the world. That I’d change something, leave something behind. It’s not true, actually. I wasn’t born to be great. No one ever is. I took that. I told myself that. I lied to myself. I stumbled from failure to failure. I decided to be self-propelled, to be fueled by my desire to become great, not by others seeing that greatness in me. I decided to fight for what I wanted, because no one would ever fight that battle for me.

So… what if you fly? What if you can actually do it?

This entry was posted in Blog.

194 comments on “What if I fall?

1. ioanawrites says:

You will never stop flying.

2. Today is just another of many . . . where I am so uplifted and inspired by your writings. I’ve share this on my fb page. Thank you.

3. aderonkey says:

Flying is scary but you’re right. It is definitely worth it in the end because it feels so darn good.

4. anjanapdeep says:

oh wow. this post is brilliant. :)

5. Daedalus Lex says:

“Is he falling or flying?” is a question that folds into many themes in Toni Morrison’s “Song of Solomon,” starting in the first sentence, when “The North Caroling Mutual Life Insurance agent promised to fly from Mercy to the other side of Lake Superior at three o’clock.” And ending when … well, just read the book. It’s one of the great novels of the past 50 years. Gary Gautier

6. treerabold says:

This post is truly inspiring! Thank you for encouraging all of us to fly!

7. treerabold says:

I also shared this on my Facebook page: 365 Days and Counting

8. Nan Sampson says:

While my wings may still be rudimentary, I’m flapping as hard as I can! Here’s hoping we both catch the next thermal! Keep on soaring, my friend!

9. Thank you for this! (I cried a little. Not gonna lie)

10. Dina says:

Great post, and just by writing it, you’ve become ‘that guy’ – to this reader anyway…

11. evozeta says:

I believe you’re born to be great. What “being great” means simply depends on the definition. To me, you are great. Having learned a foreign language all by yourself (as far as I know) and mastering it at your level is simply amazing to me.
    Many people rely too much on what others think. But so very often, these “friends” project their fears into you and your situation and that’s what brings you down, even before you get to lift off.

12. Great observations! Striving toward our ideals is the best way to focus on the processes necessary for success rather than getting muddled in anxiety and fear of failure.

13. cejijunto says:

This is beautiful. I’m printing it and hanging it above my desk at home to remind myself. x

14. Reblogged. Absolutely LOVE this. Very well said.

15. jeezusgut says:

I know I am not the person who I want to be, but all I can do at the moment is work toward becoming him. Hopefully, I will not be disappointed with the man I meet down the road.

16. Duke Stewart says:

If I fly, I’ll be getting paid to write. Not likely but one can hope, huh? You’re right though. We’re NOT meant to be great. We have to make it for ourselves. It’s stupid to think that we deserve something based on our existence. Hopefully you are flying and not failing.

17. Thank you for this post! A good reminder that if we do not take risks, chances are, we will not grow, evolve, transform, live, love, learn, reach out to others…
    Thanks again and much peace to you.

18. rosevoc2 says:

Thank you for the share and the zeal!

19. yispan316 says:

Thank you. I am so inspired by your writing. I want to fall so I can fly.

20. I love the first two lines!! Fantastic reminder that we each need to have posted to our mirrors or bedsides for morning reminding. My children think they can fly, and I’ll be damned if I tell them different. I’m sure even Einstein had his nay-sayers, but someone encouraged him. Someone believed in him. Otherwise he would have been like the other millions of people who stayed instead of trying to fly.

21. The first thought that came to mind when I saw this post was flying in my dreams when I was a child. When I woke up, I would be sad and try desperately to fall back into the dream and forced myself back to sleep. There’s no fear in dreams when you fly. It was like swimming through the air. Maybe that’s when I knew I could fly and have been taking off and landing all of my life. As you said, the landings can be rough but it’s all worth it when you feel that sweet rush of lift off again and you soar. :)

22. dayum says:

Wow! Your writing is always inspirational one! Really love it! And honestly in this moment I really need motivation thing. Thank you for this blog post~ May I reblog this post? hehe

23. Aoi Yeux says:

Beautiful piece.

24. Just loving this post. Keep them coming. What a fantastic post to read first thing in the morning :-D

25. Shridhar says:

Incredibly inspiring! You are already not only flying, but making many others fly too :)

26. Ella says:

You truly are a dreamer! I believe in magic and I’m naive unfortunately in the end I’m not a fighter this is why I don’t fly, yet! Well written story about grownups, and our fear to fall.

27. ANooP says:

Very inspiring my dear friend. I will re-visit this blog when I feel low. :)

28. Thank you for blogging this. it touched me. admittedly I sometimes review my life and wonder if I am even a smidgen of who & what I’m supposed to have been. heartbreaking…then I come across a post like this and I am reminded again to have faith, believe, “take up my matt and walk”! God bless you…”I believe I can fly”!

29. atip4u says:

Great post! Thank you for reminding me of the potential that’s in each of us!

30. This is a very beautiful post full of wonderful and inspiring words. I hope to someday fly again.

31. kelvinoralph says:

Great post once again. Inspiring and motivating….I believe I can fly

32. Jason says:

Cristian,

Thank you for this. I needed a little boost to get up out of this rut. Ah, to be creative again!

33. I needed to hear that. You’re so very right!

34. frenchfry36 says:

Perfectly put – and I am going to fly!

35. Awesome Mate, simply awesome!

36. Natasha says:

One way to find out if you can do it. Fly, take chances. Oh and sing for me even though your profile says I shouldn’t ask you :)

37. Cristian,yoy inspire me with your writings.We are slowly learning we are not going to be rockstar which we dremt in our childhood,and we are really pissed off.But surely we will fly since failure is temporary.
    thanx again.

38. ktkinnes says:

I’m so glad I found your writings, they’re inspirational and this one certainly lifted my spirits. Thank you

39. Barry says:

You are right. No one is hurt from a fall. It’s making contact with Terra firma immediately following the fall that’s the problem.

But seriously, some risks are necessary if we are to learn to soar.

40. You believe you can do it and you never stop trying until you succeed. Maybe you will fail, but not giving up allows you to tell yourself that at least you tried so you can be proud, because you never gave up.

41. The most real, humble touching, genuine and relatable thing I’ve read in a very long time. I only joined WP a few days ago, and while I see so many talented, creative, diverse types of posts, poems and writing — I keep finding that much of what/who I’m coming across is so very like what I myself just wrote or feel. As different in style, wording or length —- the expressions, feelings and thoughts seem intertwined. This was wonderful, thank you for sharing this.

42. This is inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. We as humans have this fear of the unknown. We like comforts, we feel safe with what we know. But if we spend my whole life doing what we know… we will never achieve anything new. We will never do anything extraordinary and we will never really live.

43. noneligible says:

This reminds me of how I stopped being afraid of the dark. After asking myself: what if there are monsters lurking in the shadows? I would ask: what if there are girls in bikini awaiting for mi? This maid me realize that both scenarios were just and as likely to happen, and I stopped fearing the dark.

44. The Imp says:

Awesome. It’s one of the reasons we homeschool, to teach our children that they can fly. Society can be too intent on keeping everyone crawling, even to the point of hucking rocks at those that run.

Funny thing, though…it’s taken me until very recently to realize that I, as an adult, can still learn to fly….

45. cleamy says:

I like to say there are no failures, just lessons. Nice piece ;)

46. Amina Tucker says:

I love this! So inspiring and insightful

47. Loved this post, very inspiring! xx

48. Reblogging for sure!! I love this!!!

49. cartoline says:

I like the way you think! Inspiring :)

50. Falling is simply flying in the opposite direction. There are things to see 360° around you; the possibilities are limitless.

‘Falling’ has a negative connotation but it’s a word that can have many positive meanings. Falling in love. Falling together. Falling into place. It depends on your perspective.

What a fantastic and inspiring piece of writing this is. It was a great way to start my morning. :-)

51. Jay Banks says:

If you’re brave enough to try to fly, you’re brave enough to fall.
    The brave are also less likely to fall…

Thanks for the awesome post!

52. What a great post. Sure, we all stumble along the way, but the path to greatness is found through soldiering on. It’s such a shame to see people not even make an attempt to do the things they were meant to do and be the person they were meant to be. Life can be amazing once you just push through that one (or however many) obstacle in your way from claiming your destiny!

53. neechers says:

“Falling is just another way to fly”. I love that. :’)

54. Wonderful motivational piece. Thanks.

55. leegetsfit says:

A relevant post for me, as I’m starting a business. Scary and exhilarating at the same time. And I’m fairly certain I can fly.

56. idnascejaz says:

It is better to try and fall than ask you self what if, what could have happened.
    He who dares wins.

57. J.E. says:

To infinity and beyond? I like!

“I believe that if grownups would have been required to learn how to walk, most of us would be crawling on floors.” Profound. Love it.

58. At the beginning, Salvador Dalí (one of the most famous artists) told himself over and over that he was born to be a genius and he actually did. I wonder how strong we could be if we believe we are strong. They say:” You will become what you think” and I hope it is true because there are many failures in our lives. If you have only the belief, there won’t be enough. You have to live a life working non-stop. You have to struggle to achieve what you want and then with a little spark of destiny, you will fly… or at least you will not live a useless life.
    Thanks for sharing this blog post. It impresses me :)

59. anonymous says:

to paraphrase Les Miserables: hope is etched onto the brow of every man… so perhaps we always hope for flight

60. Olivia Owens says:

Odd question perhaps… are you Romanian? I’m asking because of your name. :D

61. kagisozinx says:

Wow!!!! Limitations are all in the head!

62. Felicia says:

Such a good article! It’s kind of funny that that is part of what I told myself and a bit of what my parents said but I think I have an awesome purpose and that is what I’ll strive for.

63. Love this. I believe Elanor Roosevelt said “Do one thing every day that scares you.” I believe that’s the way we can all achieve our own greatness.

64. laplante221b says:

I just want to thank you. I’m trying so hard to believe in my own abilities, my ‘wings’ that this was really an uplifting post for me.

65. geemolina says:

I doubt myself always. I’m being cripple by fear for so long but I’m trying my best not to make it last for a lifetime! I’m doing my best to conquer it. I love the way you inspire people Cristian! Great work! Great words! Thank you very much! I’ll definitely learn how to fly, conquering the fear of falling.

Cheers,
    Gee

66. By the time I got the end of all the comments I felt like I was falling but remembering YOUR words now……I prefer to soar. Nice work.

67. Belle says:

Thank you for writing this. (:

68. Nicole says:

I like this a lot. Thanks for sharing it. I have been thinking about purpose lately and how I want to be / be perceived, and this was encouraging.

69. nawallovexo says:

This was a beautiful post :’)

70. Hi there. I don’t know you any more than you know me, but I’ve got to admit we share the same philosophy. You see, for the longest time, I was afraid to let anyone see what I wrote. I thought in that moment that I was afraid of failure. Looking back, I know better. It was fear of success that was keeping me from sharing my work. I have just recently started to dabble with blogging, and hope to one day put my actual work up here, but just like all those years ago, I fear success. What if…? What if people LOVE what I have to say and they want more? I HATE the spotlight! What if someone wants a book signing? Can I have a friend do it for me, pretending she’s me? We’re ALL capable of flying. We just have to decide what’s holding us down, and determine (on our own time, at our own pace) when we feel our wings are sturdy enough. Great post!!

71. Arpan says:

Thanks! I needed to read this.

72. Niki says:

This was so inspirational. I did some of this same soul searching on my blog today. I realized that I was more afraid of what was within me than all of the external fears I thought I struggled with. Reading this was the perfect next step that I needed. After you realize your fears, it’s time to overcome them! Thank you so much for the last push I needed. I want more than anything to help others realize they can be happy and fly too, so I want you to know you did that for me today. Peace, love, and namaste friend. <3 Niki

• Your post is very inspiring. It brings the question to mind – what would I be doing if money was not a factor. The answer for me is exactly what I am doing now but I would arrange to do more traveling. Everyone’s answer is different depending on what is in their heart. Thank you for the encouragement to dream.

73. Outstanding! I’m going to print this out & hang it on my wall to look at every time I start to slip into self-doubt.

74. rhonwynalyna says:

You do what I try to do with my students. So often they limit themselves. So, I point out that if they try then they have already won.

75. Will Mc says:

Once saw a quote, “‘Come to the edge,’ he said,
    ‘But we are afraid.’
    ‘Come to the edge.’
    They came, he pushed them, and they flew.
    Perhaps this is the person you want to be – the person who pushes those he knows can fly?

76. Ash says:

very inspiring, people have different definitions of “flying”. thank you for pointing that out.

77. fitzenfemme says:

Thank you for this inspiration! :)

78. poetbfb says:

Insightful and inspiring…
    Definitely makes it to my list of posts to live by! :)

79. I love, love, love this!! Very inspiring!

80. Sometimes your past experiences become an obstacle and pull down your wings even if you wish to fly. But then again you have to constantly remind yourself that life happens only once and that you must try… Great post!

81. Lizzy Salkin says:

It’s so incredibly important to remember that pain and fear is only temporary. So many people give up on their dreams too easily for fear of failing or getting hurt, when in reality, it’s the quitting that sometimes causes the most pain. I loved this post! So thought provoking!

82. I think we are all destined for greatness, for rising above circumstance and finding our God-given place in life. However the path to greatness is that of service and not Lordship so we often miss it…

83. tmcasciano says:

Well done! I love the flying carpet. So many times we let fear get in the way of our dreams. I say DO IT! Take that leap of faith and go where your heart leads you.

84. Noelene says:

So enjoyed your post especially the fact that “falling is just another way to fly.”
    What a wonderful way to look at life. Thank you for sharing.

85. elvisc34 says:

I really like this. One should never believe less of themselves, but always have the courage and strength to be great.

86. Exactly what I needed to remind myself and exactly when I needed reminding. Thank you for reminding me of how I felt when I was your age and reminding me that only if I remained in the “quit” phase, will I never succeed at what I want. Now that I have given up the overwhelming grief and decided to live again I will be able to achieve as long as I keep moving forward. I CAN fly, all I have to do is jump!

87. ErisaRei says:

One of my songs says, “The sparrow falls so she can land…” I couldn’t agree with you more.

88. bauhinia2014 says:

What an immensely uplifting post! Even though I have just discovered your site, I can vividly feel your above article shining with positive optimism and writing enthusiasm. it is definitely the most illuminating one that I have ever read in WordPress!

89. I see the life as a springboard. Every fall is a call to recover up. I am held right and if I did not have so much to fall, I do not think that I shall have been able to manage to be so straight ;) a day, today, I hope to walk without not having any more to fall :) and I can even the life of top. The life is so beautiful.
    Val

90. Gina Toh says:

I love this post! Hollywood had marketed the myth that we are all born great, and we begin to search for physical evidence of our greatness. We started to pursuit material success and achievements, and measure our greatness by such standards. But greatness is a seed planted in all of us – courage, resilience, kindness, grace, mercy, love. These are greatness that stay and preceed us, and become our legacy. Greatness is not fearing to fall, so that we can fly.

91. Nora says:

I so needed this today! Thank you!

92. carlpeters says:

I have just over come a 6 mth writing block basically by just sitting down and doing it! A month ago I was so chuffed just to do another blog entry! Little things are what matter and you sum it up so well here! Just keep flying and when you come down then go again…

93. Great post, Cristian!

94. Dr. Gary says:

Av encouraging word. Well stated, Cristian!

95. Rosh says:

Very encouraging words. Great post!

96. Susan Rainey says:

You can’t soar unless you first fly. Couldn’t have said it better. Thanks for the inspiration!!

97. I have to admit that this is the first actual blog post I have read in entirety, and what a perfect message!!! It especially spoke to me tonight! I am brand-spankin-new to blogging (1.5 weeks strong) and was completely apprehensive about being so open and sharing so deeply….then what if I got negative feedback or no one even read my blog. Taking that first jump is the hardest part…If I fall, I will fall better next time. If I fly? Well, I’m not sure if this is common or something to be excited about, but in a week and a half my blog was tweeted by Livestrong, posted on the website of a global cancer support network (PMPSurvivor.org), and today I was asked to write for a cancer support magazine. Nonetheless, all of this is very cool and I could not have read a more perfect post before I log off for the night. Thank you!!!!

98. vivachange77 says:

Great post! You remind me of the saying that when I get to the end of all I know and look down to an abyss, I will either find ground beneath my feet or be given wings to fly.

99. aravindhank says:

Thank you for such a uplifting post it syncs with me…

100. I enjoy your writing, but I especially enjoy your ‘About’ page. :)

101. heidi skarie says:

I love the artwork. Where did it come from? Great post. Yes, let’s fly.

102. I needed to read this today. Thank you for reminding me to not let fear make choices for us.

103. mykiasmind says:

We need more people like you, to encourage and uplift. You are an inspiration to both the fallen and the flying.

104. lyssanae says:

Wow. This is amazing. I love your heart!!!

105. eurobrat says:

That is a wonderful role to have in life.

106. Dave says:

Yip. Thanks for that. So true.

107. ahappyfoodie says:

I love this :) What a valuable role you are playing in helping others find the freedom that you have!

108. This is nice. I needed this right now.

109. “Ask yourself, “What if I actually fly?” Ask yourself that, over and over again, until you stop worrying you’ll fall.” I kind of love that line. I had a crappy day and this really helped actually. So thank you.

110. I’ve found that it takes a lot of experience at falling and getting back up numerous times to realize that you shouldn’t fear it. Also realizing that the fall can break your ass and put you through some serious recovery time. But once you get back up, the memory of the pain endured from the fall is fleeting. Word!

111. I’ve not studied my free education since March, this year. Fear, hate, and disgust with self and others has settled in…. I’ve completely given up on my dream! Now, it’s time to re-grasp that dream and never let go of it ever again, PERIOD! Thanks for not only the encouragement, but the REKINDLING THE FIRE within. It’s very much appreciated, and I’m glad we’ve met in here! My name is Jon.

112. Im new to blogging, and looking for a few blogs to follow. I’m finding so much doom and gloom…glad I found you!

• Do you like “poetic essays” on social issues? Some of my future posts will seem like what you’re finding now,true, I do admit that, but I’m striving to provide hope and more to a hurting world. Read my introductory blog at

theiowanwriter.wordpress.com. Maybe someday I’ll be published in print?!

113. Alanna says:

You’re amazing and this was incredibly inspiring. Sometimes we need to remember that our dreams are possible. Love your blog!

114. Beautiful!! Keep sending these thoughts out into the world. God knows I need them.

115. LoveHeimer says:

Funny… is the second article I read today with a “What if?” question… I never dreamed to tell people what to do, I am not another Jesus or Buddha and I am not interested to become one… but I believe with all my heart that we all have our own experiences to live, to feel, so we can get THERE… where? They call it HOME… I like that name… I like the way it feels… we are keep trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel, somewhere outside of us, in what others say or do… It is being said that the eyes are the gate of our soul… With so many people who forgot about love, no wonder that so few of us really find that light in a lifetime… Me? I didn’t need to fly, I didn’t need to be told what to do or God knows what else… I just had to open my eyes, accept myself just as I am and let myself be… that’s it :)

116. lisalombardo says:

You are inspiration. So true that we can only create what we visualize, which starts with confidence in our gifts. Great post!

117. wwalford says:

Brilliant post. I really enjoyed it. Best part for me is:

Quitting, however… that one lasts forever.

How quickly do we quit when something just doesn’t go our way. I have many things I look back on and say why did I ever quit. But at the time it seemed like the only option.

118. smonaghan119 says:

You drive a very solid point with this piece of writing. I agree on the above comment, the fact that, that point, is the best part of the entire article.
    It’s easy to be driven into the ground and to forget why we keep pushing and why we keep trying, and the answer is fairly simple, because a few things a truly worth pushing on for. We create values and they become the very foundations for why we live life.
    Strip someone of the things that truly matter to them, and that is when quitting suddenly makes a lot of sense.

119. Fear and anxiety is indeed disabling.

120. James_Wolman says:

Good for you! I agree. After all, what if hell is meeting the person we could have been? I’m not religious, just an interesting thought…

121. Great words, and even greater vision. Feeling inspired myself! GERONIMO!!!!

122. Who am I?
    When I come to the point I know who I am, I will be ready to fly….

123. Major Payne says:

Great blog. Actually, quite inspiring, lass.

124. What an amazing blog post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

125. I love this blog post, I gave me so much hope a confidence to do anything that I wanted to do today. I love the part where you said that “fear is temporary” along with all of those negative things. Also I think that along with being afraid to fall most people are afraid to fly as well. But I’m happy that I read this. Keep up the great work

126. shairalundy says:

Wow, this is beautiful. Very impressed by you, your writing, and your blog in general. Keep up the great work. Looks like I can learn a lot from you ;)

127. syesue says:

Wow.
    That’s all I can say.
    Wow.

128. Good stuff. Just what I needed!

129. hopecarrart says:

Love your blog and the way you write. Yes, I can fly actually. I do it all the time in my dreams. I have to get a running start though but the view from above is pretty amazing!

130. Susan Brandt says:

Fear of falling has been the biggest obstacle I’ve worked on overcoming. So happy to see someone conquering that demon early in life. Well done.

131. Wow what an amazing post,
    Very inspiring and sincere . Definitely sharing this with my loved ones :)

132. This is interesting and inspiring. I specially like the “anger is temporary… Quitting, well that lasts forever”

133. this is what a blog is for, great stuff

134. Kayla says:

It’s been a rough few weeks for me and after reading this I feel much better. You are right and this was a wonderful thing to stumble across.

135. simply2b says:

This post found me at the right time. My inspiration is renewed and my courage recharged. Suddenly, failing (and falling) don’t seem so scary anymore.

Thanks for sharing!!

136. This was a really beautifully written piece. Definitely being bookmarked to give myself or my friends motivation any time we want to jump, but are too afraid to do so. Great job!

137. soulvstyrant says:

This is awesome. So awesome. Beautifully written. It really hit me when you began talking about how you believed you were meant to change the world, but realized it was all in your own perspective. I am completely on the same page, but often find myself still clinging to the idea that I was meant to be that greatness. I don’t know. I do know that I want to fly. That too, is often an idea I find myself half there, half not…

-SvsT

138. lw201 says:

An inspiring read

139. that was really uplifting, thank you x

140. Wow this post is beautiful. Love your writing style. Keep it up :)

141. keltieryan says:

WOW!! So timely to stumble upon your site and this post. Inspiring !! Thank you for the reminder to keep going even if it’s scary!

142. stonerbilly says:

We must be fucking twins!!! Great read

143. Great prose and insight! Fear is the world’s biggest challenge. I’ve had many people afraid of me, not if they knew me, but because they assume that all “criminally insane” people are dangerous. That’s simply a false conclusion that the media loves to throw at people with all their drama. I’m not dangerous. I just have a different set of chemistry going on in my brain than most “normal” brains have. That’s what made me commit my crime-I wasn’t on any medication for I didn’t know I was different because of a mental illness. Thanks for this post!

144. Beautiful. Eloquently written. Thank You, so much.

145. dharmendr says:

“Quitting lasts forever”- saying this requires a great intrapersonal knowledge. I won’t say philosophical knowledge, you know. A great piece of inspiration. Thank for acknowledging me with it!

146. smilesick says:

This is great! One of my favorites

147. quitting is forever…great line.

148. JC says:

well written! thumbs up~

149. LovefromJane says:

I think it’s possible that the fear of not failing, but succeeding, is far scarier. I feel that the idea that our wildest dreams are truly within our grasp is perhaps too terrifying even to ourselves. If I could fly, then that means there would be no excuses for me to not try. and that would mean all the negative things I’ve told myself are all just excuses!

150. Molly says:

Wonderful post, thank you!

life15juicy.wordpress.com

151. Naima Shahab says:

You’re a Godsend! This is the second time this day that I’m hearing someone say ‘but, what if you fly?’. Such a beautifully crafted and inspirational write-up. Keep going!

152. This was incredible. I need to wake up 10 minutes early each morning just to read this. It’s a problem that I have very, very, very frequently!

153. ArtsyFemme says:

This was a good read to start my day. While reading, I found myself stuck on this line, “Quitting, however… that one lasts forever”.

Does it really?

154. hilthethrill says:

So many comments, it took me forever to scroll down to the bottom! You are a popular guy. Anyway, I thought that was a brilliant message, and one that is very appropriate for my current situation. Thank you.

155. “what if I fall?” “what if I fly?” thank you for that wonderful perspective CC x

156. Camille A. says:

This is truly amazing. Thank you so much for this. This reminds me of something I’ve read somewhere that says, “If you wanna fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down.” We’ve got to give up those fears and learn to fly. :)

157. Fluency says:

This is very, very inspirational and I think I’m going to need this encouragement soon enough in the future. Thank you so much for your words! :)

158. colibrist says:

So wonderfully inspiring! These are the words I needed to hear when I was in difficulty, trying to take one of the most difficult decisions – because I wanted to fly, but I was afraid to fall. I’m happy to say that I decided to fly, and your post just helps me believe it was the right decision. Thanks you for sharing!

159. lunalittlefairy says:

I want to fly. I want to walk on water.

160. whims2words says:

This is beautiful. I find it rare to connect to or relate with a piece this instantly =)

161. jotspective. says:

What if… better yet, I can fly. I soar through the day with wide open wings and a wide open heart. I look upon my surroundings and learn from them and seek the path of choice by what I see. I act upon preparedness and careful thought just as a bird calculates their target. “What if…” brings about uncertainty and uncertainty brings about worry. We can (do such named thing as we please). We do so by avoiding the “What if (any negativity).” So, there is no such thing as “What if I fall?” When we learn to forget the worries, can we then fully achieve our intentions.

162. Jean-Pierre says:

You are flying already for you have conquered your fears.

163. Lulu says:

Well, flying is a part of my life, but life is not always on top, it’s like a wheel; sometimes there is the time when I have to look down, rest my wings to contemplate, rest my wings to gain stronger strength!

164. Senra says:

Keep calm and never stop flying :D man, I love your posts!

165. Jalaine says:

So amazing! You are the guy you want to be, no doubt about it!

166. Thanks for inspiring all of us…. I want to fly

167. Do says:

Me too. I completely agree with you. what else?

Ah yes! does not exist any other fear that the fear of the unknown… or of the death… they are quite similar. This is the question: live in fear or eat our own fear even it could be a poison?

168. sandamelia says:

Beautiful post, thank you.

169. andycat9 says:

You are a truly inspiring, wonderful post.

170. when – a young raptor hawk dives on its first foray to strike its prey it is never afraid that it might strike the earth and disintegrate.

171. lovewrendley says:

I currently have this quote on the little chalk board in my kitchen! Haven’t found anything better to replace it with yet! Great post…thank you

172. tfoz says:

Really great post!

173. sarahbrekke1 says:

wow this is a great reminder and so inspiring. I have also been held back recently by the fear of falling. I’ve been let down and failed in my own eyes. But, it is because of these failures that I realized failing is not a big deal, you pick yourself up and try something else. It is how you respond to the failure that defines who you are.