Life’s not fair

life2

The truth is that it doesn’t matter what you believe in, because some things will always be out of your control. Living cautiously has nothing to do with the things that happen to you. Or at least that’s how I chose to see life a long time ago.

And I do my best not to regret stuff. Or feel sorry for myself. It doesn’t work all the time.

You know… blaming the world for what happens bad to you, blaming others, regretting stuff, feeling sorry for what you no longer have. Feeling sorry for yourself. That’s just the worst way of living. You’re not exactly fighting, you’re not taking matters into your own hands. You just ask, “What have I done wrong? Why me?”

And it’s funny because, whether you want to or not, life goes on. The world doesn’t stop spinning because you’re hurt, because you feel lost or confused, or because you want to fix what’s broken. No, sir. Life goes on.

But sometimes it goes down, doesn’t it?

Sometimes bad stuff happens. Sometimes we do bad. Sometimes we fail, we hurt people… it happens. Sometimes people leave.

And at the same time life goes on… and you can go really down before you even figure out what’s going on. It just tends to move forward while you’re trying to fix something that can never be broken.

We all have dreams and ambitions. We all want to do something great. We all plan our futures. But the thing is that our destinies are molded in our day to day lives. And it’s incredibly difficult, almost impossible, to do be aware of what’s taking place around you every minute of every day.

In the way we react to the most common of issues rests our true character.

And you have to force life to go up. To take you closer to your dreams.

18 comments on “Life’s not fair

1. ikenna2014 says:

really funny, but really true

2. swo8 says:

There is a lot of wisdom here. I agree with a lot of what you say. No point in living with regret. Sometimes bad stuff does happen. It takes character to pick up the pieces and move on. (without regret)
    Leslie

3. If you take a step back, you’ll realize that there are positive things that happen in one’s life!

4. ben stear says:

nicely written and an even better message. Sometimes the best way to deal with pain and sadness is just that, to feel it and let it run it’s course. Sometimes there no use in fighting it.

5. Thanks for sharing these positive words Cristian, hope your life is also on track to go “up”.

6. Thanks for this…so many people need to hear it with this much directness. This helped me realize there’s no point in overcomplicating things

7. Allen says:

That was the gist of my sermon Sunday. Sure, life can be bitter, but that is life. And life isn’t a bad thing after all.

8. bunnyhopes says:

That’s the point of life. We should embrace all its unpredictability. :)

9. Thanks for that. Needed to hear it.

10. Good one! Life is very much fair with us. What is lagging is our outlook towards life.

11. Meryl says:

So true. No matter what, life still goes on. With that, I learned to be stronger than my pain.

12. I enjoyed this thoughtful piece. My favourite part is: But the thing is that our destinies are molded in our day to day lives. This is so true, and we can easily forget to live by it.

13. ‘And you have to force life to go up’ … Life is all about accepting, learning and moving ahead to achieve your dreams. Life is not always fair. But its best to fight our fears to change our destiny 😊

14. ddupuis86 says:

Everything happens for a reason, we may not see it in the moment, but when we look back we can realize it just made us stronger 😄

15. salinadias says:

Couldn’t be expressed better!
    When we stop feeling sorry for ourselves, it is then we start doing something for ourselves!
    I love the second last sentence! Great reminder! Cheers!

16. “Because you can’t control the outcome of everything you do in this life. And, besides, you never know where the road might take you.”

Thank you for this.

17. Dawn says:

Yeah, I used to be married to that guy. One of the most freeing discoveries I made about my relationship with him was that his finger-pointing and refusal to take responsibility for what happened to him made him feel perpetually powerless and victimized. In the end, I was even able to feel sorry for him.