A beautiful life

wanderer“You must give everything to make your life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination.” – Roman Payne

It seems to me that we spend most of our lives searching for beauty. We pursue happiness. We’re looking for that one person to cure us of the need for anyone else. To cure us of loneliness, self-doubt, or negative thoughts. We act as if we’re broken and someone or something is going to cure that.

But isn’t it true that we’re the ones who make life beautiful or not? Isn’t it true that only our thoughts can distinguish between happiness and suffering? That it’s all about us, about what we think and what we feel and what we see.

Are you trying to create a beautiful life for yourself? Are you doing your best to create the future that you’ve been dreaming about for so long?

Dreams don’t just come true. You’ve got to make them come true.

It’s as simple as that. It’s as simple as deciding that what you have is enough. It’s as simple as looking yourself in the mirror and accepting what you see. With all the good and the bad.

It’s all about the way your demons dance with your angels. It’s all about the way you manage life, the way you manage adversity and opportunity alike.

Make the best out of everything. Enjoy the small things. And fight.

Fight to create the life that you deem yourself worthy of having, because no one else is going to fight for it.

Dreams come true. Even though sometimes it seems that nothing happens. Even though at times it seems that you’re not really advancing. But you are. Day after day, as long as you fight, you’re getting better. It’s all just a matter of perception, really.

Sometimes progress is all about holding on. Sometimes all you can do is hold on tight to your dreams.

But you alone know what those dreams are and what they mean to you. You alone can make them come true, and you alone can decide how much are you willing to fight for them.

It’s all about you, I’m afraid. About your determination, about your ambition, about your courage. About your curiosity in face of the unknown, about you being able to face insurmountable odds.

It’s all you.

Just you.

And the beautiful life that you have imagined into existence.

29 comments on “A beautiful life

1. Great peace, and so true. Every day, I hear people whining about the misery of their lives, but they don’t realize they bring this misery upon themselves. I prefer to see the beauty even in tragedy because tragedies shape who we are. Things don’t just happen to us. Granted, there are many things that we cannot fix or change, but we do play a role in the most important aspects of our lives, including fighting for what we want.

2. animallogic says:

These precepts and principles are after my own heart. Great piece of writing X

3. Yes, we have to create beauty and live with beauty, recognizing the essence in small wonders encountered each day.

4. mschoolman says:

So wise! When I worry about what’s in it for me, nobody wins. It is only through sacrifice and fully loving the beloved that great things are accomplished. Thank you for sharing. I really liked the picture as well :)

5. Annie Orange says:

So true. Sometimes you just need to read these sort of inspiring pieces to remind yourself. Beautiful writing, thank you.

6. Mia Fowler says:

Very true. Beautifully written!

7. LovesBlues says:

Hi there,
    I don’t mean t pee in your Cheerios but I just gotta say, yes, there is wisdom in this point of view, especially if it helps you get through some trauma. It isn’t very realistic though for people who are facing serious events like war torn villages in the Middle East, a woman being raped, a person being killed for not following a religion or participating in a Jihad… These and many other awful things DO happen to people every day. Putting on rose colored glasses, trying to see the beauty in ugly things, this creates apathy. In my opinion, It is dangerous to be apathetic.

Please do, try to find the beauty in the wonders of the world but please don’t pretend that you can blindfold yourself to the HARD, OVERWHELMING PAINFUL reality of evil that is present in our world and which we must fight to overcome.

God Bless and Keep You,
    Leah (Lovesblues)

8. I love this. Thank you, such a good reminder.

9. Beautifully written. I can say you put my mothers words in this article. Thank you for the reminder I needed that today.

10. innerdragon says:

I absolutely agree with what you’ve written here—Nobody else is going to make my life happen but me.

I do want to qualify my statement, though, because I am exposed to a person who often tells me to go off my antidepressants a because “all you have to do is look at the bright side”. But being on the meds is PART of me fighting for my life and my dreams.

11. Aanand says:

What are the excellent words….Lovely work reflecting the life of every fighter who fights for happiness,peace and dreams….

12. jktmstokes1 says:

We each create our own happiness. No one else brings that, they only join us on the path towards that wisdom – and hopefully make it more enjoyable.

13. You have written something that I recently discovered. Beauty indeed lies in us and the power to make our life is in us. Make it or break it ,the choice is indeed ours. Lovely piece of writing.

14. This is very beautiful :)

15. sophisgirl says:

Following your dream is happiness and it is us, me or you who can do that for yourself. Great writing :)

16. I love your blogs! You speak from the heart..Keep it up. I can’t get enough👌💕👍

17. Chloe.Driver says:

Very well said. I think we all forget that sometimes, so thanks for the gentle reminder. Beautifully written.

18. MdCplus says:

It is so obvious, it is so true! Thank you for writing it!
    Because, often, what is ‘obvious and true’ is NOT so easy for most of us to understand and to integrate in our own lives…
    Great! keep up the good job!

19. bahelberg1 says:

Indeed, it is! Thanks for reminding us!

20. ckahniea1 says:

I am writing a piece for my blog about this search for beauty and I will share it with you when finished!

21. Mike says:

Love + vision + perseverance = Dream.

22. Blooties says:

One of the way to add beauty into your life is by looking for beautiful things to share with others. This is why I started Blooties.

23. karaskinner says:

Excellent post. It’s definitely hard to follow your dreams and go about it in a way where you’ll actually achieve the happiness you want, though. Thanks for the motivation

24. malia18 says:

Very beautifully written. loved this blog post

25. Ha says:

“Dreams don’t just come true…you’ve got to make them come true” —your words are very inspirational …thank you !

26. yep! true!
    itz always us.. and our perceptions that make ur life happy or sad!

itz always right here in our minds. that we live our so-called life..

it tunes.. depending on ur will.. happiness r sadness..

27. I couldn’t agree more. We create beauty inside ourselves. It is not external. Relationships can be lovely but a life without beauty will not become sublime simply by dating. When we honor who we are and see our wonder beauty abounds.