Afraid

afraid“You are afraid to die, and you’re afraid to live. What a way to exist.” – Neale Donald Walsch

Afraid. To live. To die. To get hurt. To hurt others. Afraid. Of failure. Of success. Of getting stuck somewhere in between. Afraid of doing nothing at all, afraid of overdoing it. Afraid of yourself, afraid of others. Rationalizing. Being practical. Over-intellectualizing. Holding back. Waiting for the right moment and the right place.

Finding excuses. Blaming yourself. Blaming others. Telling yourself that you’ve got enough time.

“If only…”

“When I…”

“What if…”

You are afraid. And most times you don’t even realize it. And everyone else is just as afraid as you are. A bit ironic, but it’s true.

Keep that in mind. No one is fearless, no one is perfect, and no one is better.

We just are. You just are.

But it would be a damn shame if you didn’t do what you’ve always wanted to do simply because you’re afraid.

25 comments on “Afraid

1. Dina says:

One of our biggest enemies, I’d say.
    Lovely thought provoking post!

2. equehearts says:

to get over your fears and concour the world, use the power of Jesus. He s the ultimate source of power. it takes trust but he will help you!

3. “Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.” – Dorothy Thompson

4. Thaisa Maia says:

great words, realy made me think.

5. hippiegeek42 says:

“Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.”

6. iamkatiehale says:

I think the way you write is truly extraordinary because it’s simplistically profound. Keep writing :)

7. I can completely relate to this, but then again, I suppose everyone can. All the same its a great post! :)

8. Awesome. Thank Yah.

Sent via interweb vibration

9. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

10. NoOneKnows says:

I am always amazed that the most simplest form of expression is perhaps the most concise. I hope this is a truth to rely on, but thank you for stating it for all to see.

11. Great post – thank you

12. athling2001 says:

Love your take on the world. Always look forward to hearing what you have to say.

13. lewar1 says:

Thanks Christian this is my Read Of The Weak, I will share it on my fb group thank you

14. Life is suffering, but doesn’t mnean it have to be all the time.

15. gymclasseshero says:

Perfect post.

16. It’s been my experience that most people are afraid to die and afraid to life. Facing one’s fears in life is one of life’s greatest joys.

17. beautywalk says:

The last sentence says it all. It takes courage to live, to live one’s own true life and not twist into an unrecognizable blob to please others, the world. Yotaki Beautywalk

18. Kristyle B says: