Passion

passion“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”Howard Thurman

Ask yourself this simple question: what makes that little muscle inside your chest beat? I mean, really, really beat. Insanely strong, in such a way that you can feel it furiously pumping blood inside your body. What’s your passion? What do you live for? What are you willing to die for?

If you can’t find those answers, ask yourself this instead: If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do?

What is important to you? What is the one thing you can’t go a day without thinking about?

If you can’t answer these questions, find your passion. Go on a quest to discover what truly makes you come alive. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as you do it for the most important reason of all: because it makes your heart beat insanely fast.

What makes you happy? What makes you proud? What makes you feel as if you’re making a difference? What makes you you?

That is the one thing worth living for. And it’s not about art, it’s not about sports, it’s not about being a world leader. It’s not about changing the world. It can be only about changing that little bit of world around you. It can be about family. It can be about friends. It can be about being kind to perfect strangers when they need it the most. It can be about encouraging others, about inspiring people to overcome their self-imposed limitations.

Anything in life is worth pursuing as long as it’s what truly makes you happy.

So ask yourself this: what makes you come alive? What makes you feel alive? What makes you feel?

16 comments on “Passion

1. Lori Carlson says:

this is truly inspiring and beautifully written… I am reblogging!

2. brittabottle says:

Love this quote. I have it up on my wall. It helped me get through a really dark time in my life, last year, and I will always be grateful for it.

3. l1wanderer says:

This is just what I needed to hear. Thank you

4. Very important questions. I like the post and I like that you didn’t limit it to just art or prestigious achievements.

My family is my heartbeat, everything else (work, school, etc) is secondary to me.

5. Ah the ephemeral question. Personally – if only I knew. Its often escaping and hiding from the world or any sense of success or achievement. Egotistically its mak friends laugh. But the question is always how to live free in every moment when in fact we’re not and our dreams are heavily restricted from the fantasies we have. But I liked ur post. :) :) :)

6. Inspirational. Beautiful. Timely. Thank you :)

7. walkerkaty0 says:

I absolutely love this. Thank you for sharing! :)

8. I struggle with mine :(

9. vafann says:

You are very inspiring. :)

10. pryagrawal says:

really inspiring post! What I love about your posts is that you say really important and critical things using simple words. And your questions really makes the reader think and go into introspection which is not something we do on regular basis.

Thanks for sharing it.

11. Taina says:

thank you for sharing, I think we all people do that daily in our everyday life, naturally without thinking about it..

12. Elissaveta says:

This is a great post and I would add that you don’t chose your passion, it chooses you. Music chose me, so did writing. I took both of them in and spend every day shaping them into something that I want to last.

13. Susan says:

I needed this today, more than you could possibly imagine. Thank you!

14. bunnyrabbids says:

I ask those questions over and over again, but for the past 27 years of my life until now I still can’t find the answer. This is so sad. I always envy those who have found their passion and live on it.