Art and hope

To those of you who don’t know me well enough, I say this: My name is Cristian Mihai. I’m 26 years old. And I have been writing for fourteen years.

I make art. I aspire to make beauty.

I wrote because I was broken, fel alone, different, too weak to even matter in a big and cruel world.

It made me feel less awful.

It made me feel as if I was kind of good at something.

Isn’t this what truly matters? How you’d define passion? To be kind of glad you’re kind of good at something.

I hoped a lot during my teenage years. And hope alone carried me and kept me going when all I wanted was to give up.

Good days and bad days, some awful days, some “I don’t want to live anymore days.” Some of the days when you don’t have the guts to keep your head high, when you don’t have the courage to look people in the eyes.

And through all this, my stories, especially the ones I had yet to write, gave me hope.

But if you make art, you can understand. No matter how different we are. You can understand why art is the highest form of hope.

Dreamers tend to hope an awful lot, don’t they?

They like to fuel their dreams with this idea that no matter how bad they have it, someday it will all be well.

12 comments on “Art and hope

1. That is one way to look at art, I have also written a post about art.

2. Reynald says:

Be strong my friend. Life is not easy and everyone has to deal with his own trouble. Usually the world claims your success but they forget your struggle. You might suffer today, but believe that your Hope is stronger than any failure and Nobody can’t take it away from you. Focus on your dream, and one day you will have a great success story to tell the world!

3. Wow …. I never thought of it that way ….
    To me, hope is knowing that God loves me …. And, that the future will be grand and glorious …. I know there will be bumps along the way …. In the end it all works out better than we can ever imagine … I am so glad to be along for the ride.

4. codeinfig says:

ah, we are brothers.

incidentally, i knew a woman from romania– she had the most beautiful accent in the world, and a face to match. always dream– life is not much to write about without people that do.

5. glitterandbones says:

I’ve been having a rough time of it lately. Wrapping myself in self-loathing and doubt and this post reminded me why I sit down and push the pen to paper or pound away at the keyboard. Thank you! Dreamers are a resilient lot.

6. It’s true. Moreover, dreaming is what sets up the first step, and most important discoveries of our time are actually mere dreams

7. fosyed says:

“My struggles are mine alone, and there are no words in any language capable of describing them in such a way as for you to feel what I felt.” I will quote it in my next blog post. Keep it up and keep writing from your heart.

8. I love to use a blog to express. It’s like the means of speaking, of getting heard. I guess I can kinda I understand what you’re talking about it.

9. Couldn’t agree more. Art is life, art is hope, art is magic. Keep writing!

10. pagesthatcount says:

“Art is the highest form of hope”♥ The post was really relatable, keep up the work!

11. Justice says:

So true!!! Keep on writing!

12. affinity says:

Resonates with me. I hear you. 👍🏻Stay strong!