Women

http---40.media.tumblr.com-f2af21c5b17736008b8c0d0aabd9f6dc-tumblr_nhy463XHvn1qja5e1o1_400Women. Some are like air. They fill up the entire space available inside your heart. Chameleonic in nature, they quickly adapt to become your biggest dream… or your worst nightmare. They take everything you give them, without even asking.

But the one reason for them loving you will always be the shape you give them: what they become by your side. They need to be shaped more than anyone else, they need to find their identity by loving someone. They’re just that… the air inside a room… the space they occupy. And even though you’d swear that they can’t change you… wait until they’re gone. That’s when you see what the cracks they vanished through are.

Some are like water. These too can take almost any shape imaginable. They’re calm, strong, patient. Imagine a lake. A river cutting through the toughest stone. A stormy sea. They hold more power than they themselves imagine. Did you ever see yourself in the mirror of a woman’s eyes? Did you ever see yourself exactly for what you were? No masks, no fake pretending. That’s water, my friend. And the odd thing is that you never knew how thirsty you were. But one word of warning, if I may. Be careful not to drown.

Some women are made from fire. No, no. They are fire. And you know what they say. Don’t play with fire, because you might get burned. Impulsive by nature, they love like no other. And hate just the same. Passionate, ambitious, strong willed, curious. They don’t wait on you for them to act. In fact, they don’t even need you as much as you’d think. It’s stupid men who believe they can control such women. Or change them to their liking. They do not change. They are who they are, who they were before you met them. Who they were born to be. Fire burns. It burns, burns, burns. It’s love and hate and pain and sweetness. It’s danger. It’s poetry. And just like air, when it’s gone it’s gone.

And some women are made from earth. You know the expression: “down to earth.” Men would say about them that they’re rational beings. And they are. They love with their heads. They make lists. They decide. They rarely whine when it hurts, when the going gets tough. They’re beautiful in a simple way. Maybe men don’t turn their heads after them on the street, but they sure do fall in love with them without even realizing it.

Happy International Women’s day!

18 comments on “Women

1. Wow! What a wonderful post and very true. Thank you. I can feel your experience through your words. Your made has made me feel thankful that I’m a woman. Thank you.

2. Amber says:

Nice. This reminds me of zodiac signs.

3. I shared it on my Facebook page

4. babiebamalli says:

5. Major Styles says:

“Some are like water. These too can take almost any shape imaginable.”

That’s why if a man is himself like water – and he meets a woman like water – you end up with a flood.

6. Ilakkiyaa says:

The day flooded me with so many messages, pictures, quotes and texts that I was nearly immune to the whole ode to womanhood business by the time I logged in to WordPress. But this post certainly hit a note with me. Wonderful writing, my friend.. I feel proud to have been the subject, even if only as a general pronoun. Keep being awesome! Here’s to all the great women in your life!! 😃

7. saramorison says:

Thanks for finding me today, so I might glimpse at your beautiful words about women…amazing insight for such a young person ;)

8. What a beautiful post!

9. What a lovely post, how thoughtfully and beautifully written.

10. Amni Ismail says:

Wow ❤️ indeed loving the write up!!

11. andalucinda says:

I like the way you thought about women through the four elements. But then….I’m earthbound, I make lists, but yes I ‘whine’ when the going gets tough, I’m impulsive but not passionate. I’m not calm, strong or patient, I am a playful fountain that needs care and repair to function well. Your women are images from Vogue. I’m New Statesman.

12. grimspound says:

A lovely post, Cristian!

13. debjeffal says:

Well i am Earth, Wind and Fire! hahahaha But what a beautiful insight into women. I finally believe there is a man upon this Earth that finally understands us! lol 🙂 You must be so completely in love with them to see them in this light. May you be happy forever with which ever element you chose to love 🙂

14. elitsastaneva says:

Just saw your post. So divine! Reminds me of Plato’s description of Love. We spend our lives searching for our other half. I’d say: let the air start the fire, let the fire burn the earth, and let the water cover everything with love.