Levels

Maybe this post is inspired by computer games. Sort-of. Maybe it’s inspired by one of my favorite sayings: One man’s ceiling is another one’s floor.

Or was it the other way around?

One capital mistake is to think that you know everything about a certain subject. That there is nowhere new to go, nothing else to do, etc.

Stagnation is death.

But also, it means you decided to put this infinite Universe in a box and call it a day.

It’s just you being lazy.

There are levels and levels of knowledge, of power, of talent. Things you can’t even imagine right now.

People who think in patterns that would seem so odd to you that you couldn’t replicate. People whose daily habits are obsessively focused on bettering themselves that you’d struggle to see any fun in it.

Imagine if you were put to run the hundred meter dash against Usain Bolt. Would you even stand a chance?

Of course not.

Oh, well, there’s an Usain Bolt equivalent in any area you can imagine.

Ok, ok, but what does it all mean?

It means this: you can learn. You can slowly develop your skills. It takes time and patience (I think I wrote this at least a couple thousand times on my blog)

But the most important thing to do in terms of mindset is to never think of something as being impossible.

Yes, you can’t do it right now, but it’s not impossible. It is only a temporary situation. From your limited understanding of life, it cannot be done.

But don’t say it’s impossible.

Were it truly impossible, there would be absolutely no reason to try at all.

And this is how you try to put the entire world inside a box.

This is how you stop growing.

This is how you get to settle for less than you deserve, less than you are capable of.

Limits are just illusions. They are there to test your commitment.

That is it.

Levels and levels and levels.

More than you can imagine right now.

Much, much more.

And all you have to do to reach those levels is to stop thinking like there’s a box. Don’t even think outside the box.

There is no box.

And you will soon find out that it’s not the light at the end of the tunnel that is an illusion, but the tunnel itself.

15 comments on “Levels

1. “Limits are just illusions. They are there to test your commitment.”

That’s damn right. In a world that we can do anything, Limits are an Ilusion. God bless you Cris, Peace man. :)

2. darjistrong says:

Love this post, very well-written and said. You hit the nail on the coffin in relation to mindset. I was negative for so long but I’ve come to see the “light” of positive thinking as of late. I think everyone can relate to this.

3. aloathersguide says:

Sometimes it’s hard to gain a higher perspective when you are down in a hole, but I see what you are saying.

• That is the main reason someone struggles to gain a higher perspective. The fear of hitting rock bottom is never as great as the fear of never having to return there.

• aloathersguide says:

That is 100% true. Everyone wants to leave the pit but if you start to climb and fall then you are right back where you started. That fear of being pulled back down is great. I think if I started to see daylight and then I was forced back into darkness that would destroy me more than never having see the sun because now I would know what I’m missing.

• Most people who are highly successful went through something like this. They never want to hit rock bottom again. They are more motivated to run away from something than they are to achieve something.

• aloathersguide says:

I kinda get that. I haven’t achieved anything but once I got out of the pit my dad had created I found another one waiting for me. I guess a new level really does come with a new devil. I guess I would say life is like chutes and ladders for me. I keep finding those dang slides and it’s why I stopped trying to move forward.

• That’s how it is for everyone. We just like to believe others have it better or something. They don’t. Life is a struggle. You want something, you need to struggle to get it. But also the struggle pleases us. Overcoming difficulty makes us more confident, brave, etc.

• aloathersguide says:

I’ve been struggling as long as air has filled my lungs but have yet to find the light. My support system came to ME the other day for help so if I step out and fail I go from my meager spot on space #12 and go right back to the bottom of the board. I can’t go back to the bottom, I can’t do it and have panic attacks just from thinking about it.

4. yuhublogger says:

This is so motivating! Loved this post.

5. Thanks for letting to us know that the limit we put on our selves are self-imposed and can be lifted

6. curioushart says:

Not all limits are illusions. The limit as the distance between two points approaches zero can exist. When that happens, it is magic.

7. I need this right now. I say it to my students a lot, to have faith in themselves, to not put themselves in boxes and limiting their abilities. But when it comes to my own problems… I doubt myself. This came at the right time. Thank you.

8. Soul Gifts says:

I’m wondering what is around the next corner :)