Never retreat, never surrender. Never give up.

image

We are not defined by our trials, but by how we face them. We are all afraid; bravery is a choice, that though you may lose, you shall never be defeated.” – Jill Anzinger

Imagine how your life would look like if you wouldn’t be afraid. How you’d act, talk, walk, pursue your dreams…

But fear exists; like a dark shadow, always waiting around the corner.

The thing is, fear is just an illusion. It’s a self imposed limit.

Fear can be faced and defeated.

But you have to do so on your own. You have to face the consequences, for every action there’s a certain reaction.

Never retreat, never surrender.

Decide this day that you won’t give up on your dreams and goals. Don’t whine when it hurts, don’t cry when you lose.

And never forget that there isn’t a single person whose name is worth remembering that lived a life of ease.

14 comments on “Never retreat, never surrender. Never give up.

1. I could not agree with you more. Beautifull

2. Absolutely, one hundred percent, on the money!
    You never know what you can do till you stand up and decide to try.

3. Ralph Nyadzi says:

Thanks for the reminder, Christian. I’ve refused to give up in the face of a very daunting challenge – a relationship which poisons every move I make but which has stuck to me like glue. For me, this challenge is my Achilles’ heel but I still trust I shall overcome one day.

4. Lee Durocher says:

Thank you for this inspiring post. The easiest thing to do is to give up. The achievers stand up to challenges and persevere. Life knocks us all down at some point. Getting up and going forward is the mark of success.

5. indiarodgers says:

Definitely needed this today! Thank you :)

6. Gangstars says:

This is so inspiring. Motivated truly. Fear indeed is an illusion. A self created one.

7. Nashra Usmani says:

That last line is so motivational. This is a poem worth putting on your bulletin board to be constantly reminded.

8. Ochman says:

Fear is a False Evidence Appearing Real. Fear cripples us from taking the right action and even from seeing solutions to the issues facing us. I believe (tried and tested) that an effective antidote to fear is faith.

9. AnushkaB says:

Definitely needed this today, thank you!

10. What a great quote and a very motivational post!

11. I cannot promise to never cry when I lose. But I certainly take to heart the admonition to not give up on my hopes and dreams, no matter how much it hurts. Thank you – this is very timely.