Nothing. Everything. Anything. Something.

believe“Nothing, Everything, Anything, Something: If you have nothing, then you have everything, because you have the freedom to do anything, without the fear of losing something.” – Jarod Kintz
I often say that life’s just a matter of perspective. What we call reality is subjective. We interpret events and situations in a manner that best suits our interests and beliefs. Simply put, we see what we want to see.
There’s no surprise that these four words (nothing, everything, anything, something) are relative. Nothing is difficult to understand, anything is limited by our perception of freedom, while everything and something are matters of optimism and hope.

What I’m trying to say is this: one man’s ceiling is another man’s floor. What someone perceives as nothing will mean everything to someone else.
But, indeed, there’s a time when we have our backs against the wall. It appears we have nothing. That’s when we accept that our freedom is limitless. We can do whatever we want to do in order to obtain what we want.
Truth be told, life is simple. We want what we want and we do what we can to get it. That is it. The lessons we learn, the principles we hold dear, our beliefs, our hopes, our dreams, all of them are tied to what we have gained and lost during this life.
I write because it grants me the freedom to define my thoughts and feelings; it allows me to know myself. I get to understand my own perspective of things. And being able to define yourself is of crucial importance.

12 comments on “Nothing. Everything. Anything. Something.

1. SonyaMyan says:

I agree. Love it.

2. Pooja Pathak says:

Very effective…it’s rather true…:)

3. Smitha V says:

So true…one man’s ceiling is another man’s floor.

4. Regina says:

It’s very true. There can be great comfort and freedom in having nothing to lose.

5. joliesattic says:

Absolutely! My father used to pride himself in having nothing. He said in so doing, he knew his friends were friends for him and not his money. That theory of course is flawed. He constantly brought up his cousin, who was obnoxious, vocally opinionated and loaded. He still liked him for him, so how justifiable is that?

6. Dehl says:

“I write because it grants me the freedom to define my thoughts and feelings; it allows me to know myself. I get to understand my own perspective of things. And being able to define yourself is of crucial importance” thank you. exactly how I feel.

7. This is nice! Really enjoyed it.

8. curioushart says:

“There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; there is one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches.” Proverbs

9. I could not have expressed this sentiment any better… well done …

10. Nice. There is not one truth, there are 7.5 billion of them.

11. Very beautifully written.