F*ck Average

“Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.”– William Feather

If you found yourself in the middle of nowhere and you were starving, would you look for food for a couple hours and then give up? If your life depended on doing something, would you do it? No matter how much it hurt, how badly you wanted to rest, how bitter and disillusioned you were?

Well, your life does depend on what you do each and every single day. The quality of your life depends on what you do on a daily basis. What you do today translates into the way you’ll live life tomorrow.

But unless you are aware of this, until you assume responsibility, you will call it fate. You will blame circumstances. You will think others have it better because they were lucky, or knew the right people, or were just born talented.

There two real sins in life: laziness and boredom. All else derives from them. To paraphrase Blaise Pascal, all our troubles derive from the fact that we can’t sit all by ourselves in a quiet room.

Guess what saves you from that?


“Not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down.”
William Lyon Phelps

Failure is the default.

Let me repeat that, in case you missed it: failure is the default. Failure to act, failure to plan, failure to learn from your mistakes, failure to adapt to new circumstances.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who advocate the hustle. It’s a trending topic these days, when everyone and their mother wants to grind, grind, grind. But this does not change the fact that you can only cover the distance between where you are and where you want to be by doing a huge volume of work.

Nothing else matters. Nothing else works.

People waste their lives looking for shortcuts.

There are no shortcuts. To anything. Never. Ever.

You must do whatever it takes to make your dreams come true.

If you want to live like the 1% then you must do what the other 99% are not willing to do.


  1. Whenever I read your post, it always seems to say something that I need to hear. Something that validates the struggles of life, that nudge reminding me that distant dreams are attainable, it just requires perseverance.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.